Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's Gonna Be A Week To Be A Race Fan......

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2002, 09:33 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts
Post It's Gonna Be A Week To Be A Race Fan......

This Thursday, July 4th - get ready as The Racers Group participates in the Rolex Sports Car Series at Daytona International Speedway on Thursday afternoon/evening. Currently, TRG has the second fastest times in GT Class - and with co-pilot Michael Schrom, should be extremely competitive... This Race is set to be broadcast on Speed TV on July 6th 8-11 PM (check your local listings....;^) Also - the complete Grand-Am schedule (and points standings can be found here - and CHECK OUT THE POINT STANDINGS!!:-):-)

<a href="http://www.grand-am.com/events2002/paulrevere250/index.cfm" target="_blank">http://www.grand-am.com/events2002/paulrevere250/index.cfm</a>

In other news this week from The Racers Group - are you ready for this??? Brian Cunningham will co-pilot The Racers Group Porsche 911 GT3 RS for the rest of the ALMS season....!!! As many know, Brian was the lead point scorer with BMW Team PTG and completed his first ALMS season finishing second in the GT driver championship during the 1999 and 2000 seasons. His first event with The Racers Group will be Road America 500 on July 5-7. This race will ALSO be carried live on National TV (CBS)!! To see a full write up of Brian's announcement - simply click on the link below:

<a href="https://rennlist.com/racing/" target="_blank">https://rennlist.com/racing/</a>

While there - drop by the Discussion Boards and say "Hi"..!!! You could be surprised at who answers :-)

Best to all for a terrific week - and GO TEAM!!!

John D.
Old 07-03-2002, 10:27 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
John D.
Do you know if Brian has a website? I live less than 30 minutes from his home town (Danville) and if the opportunity ever presents itself I would like to meet him and/or invite him to a track event. Hope that Brian and Kevin can keep the team on a role.
Greg
Old 07-04-2002, 07:49 PM
John D.
Banned

I am posting this for Kevin Buckler (The Racers Group) to the Forums. He wanted to say "Thanks" to all of you for your support - so if you'd like to reply to Kevin - click here:

<a href="http://boards.rennlist.com/cgi-bin/racing/racing.pl?rev=302" target="_blank">http://boards.rennlist.com/cgi-bin/racing/racing.pl?rev=302</a>

Best to all - and I hope those in the US are enjoying their Holiday!!!

Now - to his note:

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to take a minute to say hello, thanks & give you all an update on our crazy schedule.

We are currently down at Daytona at the Grand Am race. We are running in conjunction with the Nascar Pepsi 400. Our schedule is a little goofy but it is to be expected. We have practiced the last few days & qualified well. Michael, myself & the team are all ready for tonights race. We run at 11:15 PM right after the Winston Cup qualifying. The whether is a bit iffy so if it rains the roundy-rounds won`t run & our race will be moved up. There is a huge crowd of people here to see the qualifying & I`m sure many will stay for our race but I bet we will confuse them a bit. After Nascar qualifying, they will switch the course over to the Rolex configuration with part oval & infield. -- "Hey Martha, what the hell's goin' on down there. Those boys all just missed Nascar turn 1 & are running around lost on the infield parking lot"

As soon as the race is over we head to the airport for a flight to Milwaukee to make the first ALMS practice session at Road America. It is kind of crazy but we have to do it right now.

Many of you have stopped by to visit us in the paddock. Please feel free to do so. We are always glad to see any of the Rennlisters & if we have a spare moment, we will give you a little tour.

I understand some of the Rennlist contingent from the west coast are trying to organize a shop tour of our facility. We have done several of these this year with some PCA groups & they have worked out nicely. If you are interested, please contact Rosa at my office @ rosa@theracersgroup.com or call he @ 707 935 3999. I suspect it will be later in the year when we are back from this road trip but I look forward to seeing & meeting you.

I want to tell everyone thanks for all of the ongoing support & positive wishes. We appreciate it very much. The outpouring of support for Le Mans was fantastic (& IT WORKED!!). You will be seeing the Rennlist graphics on the cars for the balance of the season & we will hopefully continue to make you proud. We will definately be trying our best.

I want to extend a special thanks to John & Jen for all of the hard work they have & continue to put in on the site. They have brought so much together through their hard work. Thanks!!

All the best,

Kevin Buckler
Old 07-04-2002, 07:51 PM
John D.
Banned

[quote]Originally posted by Greg Fishman:
<strong>John D.
Do you know if Brian has a website? ....
Greg</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hi Greg.!!

I'll try to find out for you, OK?? If he does - I'll post it back here..!!

Best to you!
Old 07-04-2002, 08:51 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by John D.:
<strong>

Hi Greg.!!

I'll try to find out for you, OK?? If he does - I'll post it back here..!!

Best to you!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thanks John.
Happy 4th.
Greg
Old 07-06-2002, 01:10 AM
Dave in Chicago
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 167 Posts
A couple of us took our sons up to Road America today to watche the ALMS practice. I hope I got some nice shots of the Racers Group car in turns 5, 7 (my favorite), 8, and 9. Great day at the track, wonderful weather, great cars.

Best of luck to Racers Group. We'll try to stop by for a tour next time.
Old 07-07-2002, 11:31 PM
John D.
Banned

TWO ALMS PODIUM FINISHES IN SEVEN DAYS FOR THE RACER'S GROUP

Elkhart Lake, Wis. - July 7, 2002 - The Racer's Group is on a role; the team took its second podium finish in seven days with a third place finish in the GT class with the No.66 Porsche 911 GT3 RS at today's American Le Mans Series Road America 500 race. The car was driven by team owner and driver Kevin Buckler of Sonoma, Calif. along with professional drivers Michael Schrom and Brian Cunningham. No. 66 started fourth in class on the famous four-mile circuit of Road America.

Buckler started the race driving the car, Schrom took over the helm and held position with Cunningham driving two half stints and Buckler taking the car through the finish line of the 500-mile race. Heat seemed to be the biggest factor for the team with inside car temperatures of 150 degrees and cool suit device problems causing an extra pit stop.

"My first stint was really difficult with the extreme inside car temperatures. We worked through many adjustments and did our best, I'm happy with the finish," Buckler said of his second podium finish in a week.

"I am really pleased with the outcome of my first race in eight months. I am happy to be back with the ALMS series and would like to thank The Racer's Group and Porsche Motorsport. I think this is a great team and I'm looking forward to the upcoming races in the coming season," Cunningham said of his podium finish.

“Kevin and Brian did an incredible job. It's great to be part of a strong team. This is the hottest condition that I have ever driven in, it was tough, but we are a great team and did well," Schrom said.

After a grueling four weeks on the road and five races, the team will take a break from racing and podium finishes until the Cadillac Grand Prix of Washington D.C. on July 21.

Quick Reply: It's Gonna Be A Week To Be A Race Fan......