Race/track insurance update

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 03:35 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
Post Race/track insurance update

Anyone have updated info on track insurance for PCA Racing? I tried 4 places mentioned in the archives with no luck.
Old 04-16-2002, 01:32 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

I found <a href="http://www.pacicontrack.com" target="_blank">www.pacicontrack.com</a>
$55,000. agreed value, 10% deductable, 30 on track days of coverage $3,850..

Any experience with this company? Sounds good to me.
Old 04-16-2002, 01:51 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Bill,
That sounds pretty good. Curious if they have a per day plan? Could you repost the link? I am getting a bad gateway.
THanks
Greg
Old 04-16-2002, 02:20 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

You have a Gateway? I should have invited you to my Gateway Extravaganza. I took 4 Gateway computers and monitors, all less than a year old, to the range and executed them without blindfolds. I hate cows. The Dells are wonderful.

Anyway the track insurance site, correctly this time, is: <a href="http://www.pacificontrack.com" target="_blank">www.pacificontrack.com</a> the agent was leaving for a race so I will not have my policy until next Tuesday. If you exceed 11 days of per day coverage it is better to go with the 30 day package. The coverage sounds pretty good though. Any incident on the track causing damage exceeding the deductable which includes mechanical.

I will e mail you the agents contact info.
Old 04-16-2002, 02:25 PM
chump
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I contacted them awhile back for two day coverage, he gave me a price then a couple of days later when I said I wanted to do it, he bailed on me and said they didn't offer single day coverage and that I need to get the 30 day deal. So you folks are finding that he will do single day?

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2002, 02:28 PM
DCLee
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guys:

The Pacific rates (the correct Web address is <a href="http://www.pacificontrack.com)" target="_blank">http://www.pacificontrack.com)</a> are similar to the old Conseco on-track liability plan, so I assume that Lloyd's is the ultimate underwriter.

The rates aren't exactly cheap-- I'm sure my car would cost about $4,400 to insure-- but if you're sponsored, it's the way to go.

Or... You could also put $5,000 a yr. into a "crash fund" and if you make 3-4 years with no major incidents, you'd be ahead of the game and covered for those occasional brushes with the tire wall. This policy is mainly for catastrophic loss (i.e., a writeoff), and I always figured I drive too slowly for that to happen

Conseco used to be pretty good about paying claims, but the deal was messed up by too many guys crashing with impunity (the offenders should have been booted out of the pool, but were let back in at a modest penalty rate). With a fairly small group of insured drivers, there was no way the underwriters could make money.

Don't get me wrong-- If I had the cash, I'd do it in a heartbeat if I was planning on, say, upwards of 3 club races a season. For DE and the occasional club event on a home track, the coverage seems pretty luxurious to me.

Lee in D.C.
Old 04-16-2002, 02:30 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

I found that this insurance coverage is offered through a couple of agents on a quick web search. The agent I e mailed called me and said he would insure me for the 3 race events but if I am going to be on the track for over 11 days the 30 day deal is a better value. Maybe you should try my contact.
Old 04-16-2002, 02:38 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Lee,

I don't think Lloyds is involved in this. Click on the legal area on the web site and they sound like a small company.
Old 04-16-2002, 02:47 PM
DCLee
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bill:

Yes, they're a small company. Small outfits usually cannot undertake coverage like this so they call upon Lloyd's of London to do the primary underwriting. Ask your contact at Pacific about this.

Lee
Old 04-16-2002, 03:24 PM
chump
Track Day

Who is your contact?

[quote]Originally posted by bill walczak:
<strong>I found that this insurance coverage is offered through a couple of agents on a quick web search. The agent I e mailed called me and said he would insure me for the 3 race events but if I am going to be on the track for over 11 days the 30 day deal is a better value. Maybe you should try my contact.</strong><hr></blockquote>
Old 04-16-2002, 03:36 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Chump,

Check your e mail. I sent the agents info to you before your last post.
Old 04-16-2002, 03:57 PM
chump
Track Day

didn't get anything...

chump@pobox.com ?

Thanks!

[quote]Originally posted by bill walczak:
<strong>Chump,

Check your e mail. I sent the agents info to you before your last post.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Quick Reply: Race/track insurance update