VIR Club Race (8/31-9/2)

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2001, 10:25 PM
chas911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Post VIR Club Race (8/31-9/2)

I noticed that there will be a Club Race @ VIR this year. I just picked this off the VIR site.

"Rolex Sports Car Series (Grand-Am cars racing 500 miles/5 hours)
also featuring 2 PCA sanctioned racesnull[I] and Grand-Am Cup Auto Racing August 30-Sept 1"
Old 12-21-2001, 11:17 PM
Gary Church
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Expect the PCA Races to be limited "exhibition". Some talk of running only Group 1 and 2 due to abbreviated track time.
Old 12-22-2001, 01:24 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Gary,
That is what I was afraid of with two pro series that are running enduro's. I want to be there and race but it might not be worth the time if we only get two or three sessions over the weekend. Please let me know if you see a schedule once the registration info is out.
Thanks
Greg
Old 12-24-2001, 09:06 AM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Greg Fishman:
<STRONG>Gary,
That is what I was afraid of with two pro series that are running enduro's. I want to be there and race but it might not be worth the time if we only get two or three sessions over the weekend. Please let me know if you see a schedule once the registration info is out.
Thanks
Greg</STRONG>
You run in group 2, so what's the worry Greg? Your crew is counting on it.

Gary, any interest in your 993 yet?

E. J.
Old 12-24-2001, 11:53 AM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts
The VIR Club Race will be a fully sanctioned PCA race with a PCA Steward and Scrutineer. It looks like the Grand Am folks will be helping with Timing and Scoring since they use the same system as PCA. There will be two practice sessions for each group on Friday and Saturday and a warmup on Sunday with the feature race on Sunday before lunch. After lunch they have the pro Grand Am race. Both Grand Am Cup and PCA will be the support races for the feature race. VIR is very excited about working with PCA Club Racing in this endeavor. Since this is a pro weekend, it'll be one of the few paid spectator events for PCA. Each group will have 60 cars (believe it or not, they said that SCCA sticks up to 90 at VIR!!!). Looks like one group will be stock class and the other GT. No definite word yet, though. Once we get the final schedule and registration form, we'll post it on the Zone 2 webpage. It should be a sell out and a big success for both VIR and PCA.

Manny Alban
Zone 2 Rep.

Quick Reply: VIR Club Race (8/31-9/2)