Hoosier reverse mounting?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2001, 07:59 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
Post Hoosier reverse mounting?

I just had a set of lightly used Hoosiers mounted. To extend the life I had them mounted inside out not realizing they actually have a outside. So the two treads are outside instead of inside. These are the DOT radial track tires. Should I have them changed before I drive a DE? I now know they are stamped "mount this side out".

I had been switching my last set right to left on the car and never thought about this when I had them mounted.

Any opinion?

2nd question. I had JRZ's, cup sway bars, adjustable links and most rubber out of my suspension. This was done under high family security. Out of the blue my wife wants to take the Porsche to the Saturday outing 2 hours of street driving (not to mention no mufflers). Does all that rough road work have any negative effect on my new suspension?

Thanks for the advise!
Old 12-03-2001, 09:26 PM
Howard
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bill,

I can comment on #1 but not #2......

Hoosiers can be reversed no problem. To save a little time I took the tires and rims to America's Tire Store to have them flipped, to extend the life a little, and was confronted by the manager who was very insistant that race/ asymetrical tires cannot be reversed. After arguing for a short time he decided to call Hoosier and prove me wrong.......Hah! They informed him that it's perfectly fine to reverse them since the only asymetrical feature on the tires are the grooves, nothing else. So,I got 4 more days out of them....
Old 12-04-2001, 08:25 AM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Howard, good news.
Old 12-04-2001, 08:29 AM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Bill,

Howrd beat me but he is right. I have a contact at Hoosier and he swears to me that that can be done. I just ran my fronts this weekend reversed and they felt the same. I have been doing it for quite a while.

As for the suspension, I doubt a rough road will hurt the settings.

E. J.
Old 12-04-2001, 09:24 AM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
NO problems running the tires with the groves on the outside. I even think the direction arrown goes either way.

Your wife won't damage the car unless she hits a serious pothole, etc. I would worry more if she liked driving the car with the new suspension, you could end up with a new track junky Stranger things have happened.
Greg
Old 12-04-2001, 10:37 AM
DJ
Haiku Grasshoppa
Rennlist Member
Can I Drove Your Car?

Don't worry Bill. This will likely be the one and only time she wants to drive your car. She'll say things like, "Why does it ride so rough?" and "It's too loud!" and "what happened to the stereo?".

Worst case scenario is that she wants to buy another Porsche (for the street), and you won't be allowed to change anything.
Old 12-04-2001, 10:49 AM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

We were on our way to the indoor Kart track. Our first time driving Karts and Janets first track experience. Great time, we really had a ball! All the P cars are in N. Virginia I think. We had the only track prep car driven to the Kart track. We encountered 5 Porsches within a 20 mile stretch. I don't see 5 Porsches in Annapolis in 2 weeks.

The great thing about the Fabspeed exhaust is it kept my wifes mind off the suspension. I should have installed the incerts.\
Old 12-04-2001, 10:54 AM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Bill,

Did you go to the one near us??? Allsports?

E. J.
Old 12-04-2001, 02:51 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hello E.J., Yes I went out to AllsportsGP. Great facility, we really enjoyed it. Better lap times if you do not 4 wheel drift through the hairpin. I have to teach my wife not to try a inside pass on tight corners and T boning other drivers. The time in the black flag box is killing her overall finish place.

We must organize 8 drivers or so and have our own 20 lap race. "Rennlist Kart Cup"
Old 12-04-2001, 03:32 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

D.J., Great looking 4S. Tell me about the graphics? Looks like air brush work, very nice. I am going to a taxi cab marking system with fare information and checkers. (yellow car)

E.J., I see no posts regarding G & W weekend, whats up? The weather sure cooperated.
Old 12-04-2001, 09:42 PM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Originally posted by bill walczak:
<STRONG>E.J., I see no posts regarding G & W weekend, whats up? The weather sure cooperated.</STRONG>
Patience my fellow speed yellow friend. I promise the pics are worth the wait.

E. J.
Old 12-04-2001, 10:17 PM
DJ
Haiku Grasshoppa
Rennlist Member
Can I Drove Your Car?

Originally posted by bill walczak:
<STRONG>D.J., Great looking 4S. Tell me about the graphics? Looks like air brush work, very nice. I am going to a taxi cab marking system with fare information and checkers. (yellow car)</STRONG>
Thanks, Bill.

It's not airbrushed, it's custom vinyl stickers that Laura @ Hergesheimer Motorsports did for me. Call her up. What you want sounds easy, except that you'll have to do the installation (or find someone local who could do it).

That should look cool.
Old 12-05-2001, 01:07 AM
Chris Prack
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is why you are known to us as "Speed Racer"!!!!!

You know who you are.
Old 12-05-2001, 10:18 AM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hello Chris! Great, another driver for the Kart Cup. What do you think about a 2.5 hour road trip with my car? (Since you know the car better than I)Any problems associated with that?

The car squeeks and bangs inside like a real race car. I don't think she likes the DC beltway too much.
Old 12-06-2001, 12:23 AM
Chris Prack
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Road trip! When do we leave!?! No problem, you will be fine. Just watch out for lights flashing in the rear view.

The kart cup is a great idea. I kinda know the guy that owns ASGP. He is always looking for something like this too inspire friendly competion. We'll have to get Ivan involved so we can beat on him.

BTW, did the hopping thing make you faster?

Quick Reply: Hoosier reverse mounting?