Sponsored by:

OT: Driving Suit

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 12:40 AM
Enzo's Nightmare
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post OT: Driving Suit

I had posted this question on the 944 board earlier today and thought I would give it a try here. I was wondering if anyone knew of a place that would make a driving suit similar to the one the Gulf-Porsche team used in the movie "Le Mans". I have become obsessed with the movie and the history of Porsche racing.
Old 12-19-2002, 08:17 AM
late apex
Instructor

Yes Yes I know where one is ......
My racing buddy Hans has one of them. He got it on ebay some time ago. He is assolutely **** about it too. Gets it out of the bag like some sort of religeous ceremony prior to struting it around the pits like some sort of Peacock. It is white with the Gulf patch and stripes. Pretty neat. I have a picture of him in my car at the track which I shall attempt to post.
Johan
Old 12-19-2002, 01:01 PM
Enzo's Nightmare
Burning Brakes

I would only be **** if it wasn't dirty. I just want to keep an important part of Porsche history alive. Anyway, I don't strut; I'm shy.
Old 12-19-2002, 08:57 PM
GonzoP1
Advanced

STAND 21 can do it. They have a vintage collection as well as a made to order line which is limitless. There are 7 US dealers. For me in the midwest it would be Northstar Motorsports-800-356-2080. Check out their catalog - it's awesome. Remember, you get what you pay for.

Quick Reply: OT: Driving Suit