Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 02:05 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts
Post 993 RSR Cup wheelarches

Can anyone help me to find a set of the 993 3.8RS Cup bolt on wheelarch extensions to convert my 993 3.8RS Clubsport, these are the ones that look similar to the GT2 but are narrower. I am only looking for factory original parts but they do not have to be perfect, I can live with some minor repair work. Even if you only have an odd one knocking around can you let me know?

Thanks in advance for looking.
Old 10-10-2002, 03:54 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
I don't know of any offhand but I would call or email some US teams like Alex Job Racing and The Racers Group to name a couple. All of these guys ran RSR's before the GT3R came out.
Old 10-11-2002, 06:02 PM
DCLee
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are several versions of the RSR flares, one narrow-body and one for the Turbo body (i.e., the GT2 twin-turbo homologation special). Both require cutting the front fenders and both require new rocker panels.

Finding original factory flares, I suspect, will be a practical impossibility.

I have a set of RSR flares for the narrow-body in my basement with the cut-out fenders and rockers, but do not want to sell it right now. However, I'd be happy to send you pictures of what the setup looks like. E-mail me if interested.

BTW, be advised that if you bolt these onto your RS Clubsport, you will jump to GT2 race class from Stock. I don't know if that's a consideration or not...

Lee in D.C.
Old 10-12-2002, 07:38 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts
Thanks Lee,

I know about the differences in the fenders and that the GT2 set up is larger, that's why I specifically want the RSR narrow arches. I already have a pair of GT2 fenders for the front and am prepared to cut the rear quarters. I need the arches to cover my slightly wider wheels on 245's & 285'5 and have panel stretched the rear arch to the limit to cover these boots. The arches do not affect race classes in the UK so no problem here.
To be honest I just love the GT2 look but cannot live with the extra width, and I also want to keep the car "factory" so these panels are ideal. If you change your mind over the kit, let me know!

Quick Reply: 993 RSR Cup wheelarches