Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Introduction to LAPS Incorporated

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007 | 09:34 PM
LAPS INC.
Advanced

Default Introduction to LAPS Incorporated

If you are not already familiar with us, I would like to introduce LAPS Incorporated,
the premier lapping club in the Midwest. LAPS Incorporated features friendly people,
plenty of track time, and convenience. This being our second year, LAPS Incorporated
has evolved into an exclusive track club with an emphasis on socialization.

We offer the opportunity to run on the Autobahn Country Club full
3.56 mile track configuration, 10 days throughout the year.
With a limited number of members and the convenience of being 55 minutes
to downtown Chicago, our customers have the ability to return home to their
families that evening.

Please take the time peruse our site lapsincorporated, and see what we're about.

BEYOND DRIVING.

Shawn Young
LAPS INC.
Old 01-09-2007 | 09:42 PM
rsa
Addict
Rennlist Member

lapsincorporated

Get off the board troll!

JK, Shawn!

I'm a member of this group and can attest to the benefits of this club. This amouts to a good value and a tremendous social/track experience. Midwesterners/chicagoans may wish to look into this. Thanks, Shawn.

Last edited by rsa; 01-09-2007 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Adding the link for you Shawn...
Old 01-10-2007 | 11:49 PM
Jim Bacus
Racer

Originally Posted by rsa
I drove with the LAPS group last year, it really was a fantastic time. Abundant track time in a friendly atmosphere, with like minded people. Anyone around the Chicagoland area should check this out...
Old 01-11-2007 | 11:25 PM
maddydaddy
Advanced

So do you have to buy a full membership to run with them? I am too far away to run enough days to make it worth the cost of membership, but would like to attend an event or two.

James
89 944 S2
Old 01-13-2007 | 08:59 PM
Goober
7th Gear

I am a member as well and have nothing but great things to say. I got tired of the scene found in some of the "brand clubs". They either had the track experience to offer or the social aspect to offer. Laps has brought both to the table better than I have ever seen. We drive then we crack beers. Everyone is friends.
Old 01-13-2007 | 10:41 PM
Tedster
Rennlist Member

Default Great Track Days

I participated last year(and signed up this year again) and can attest to what others have said. The Autobahn CC is a great track with excellent and constantly improving facilities. Shawn runs a safe and fun event with a lot of track time. Most of the drivers are more advanced than at typical PCA events, which says a lot. There also is more socializing and a wide variety of cars like Corvette Z06, Ferrari 430, Porsche GT3,and Lotus Exige. There are 10 events at the Autobahn this year. Shawn just added an option to split a package between two people.
Old 01-14-2007 | 01:28 AM
Dr.Porsche
Rennlist Member

I have heard only good things about the group. I can also tell you that my experiences with Shawn have all been top notch!
Old 01-15-2007 | 11:55 AM
Goober
7th Gear

Default LAPS INC. Get together tonight.

If anyone is interested we're having a gtg @ Buffalo wild wings in Elmhurst, IL. tonight @ 7:00. Everyones welcome! Some bench racing and beverages to get thru the off season!
Old 01-19-2007 | 11:47 AM
Jim Bacus
Racer

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Tedster

I participated last year(and signed up this year again) and can attest to what others have said.
I am already signed up for this year, really, I can hardly wait...
Old 01-19-2007 | 01:18 PM
FredC
Drifting

Laps Incorporated is simply the best medium to access a top notch track facility often and safely. Saying this with no vested commercial interest, the people are great, like-minded, and all contribute to making this group phenomenal. I am of course signed up for 07, as i was for 06!

Last edited by FredC; 01-19-2007 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-20-2007 | 06:54 PM
cobrien
Rennlist Member

I agree, Laps is fantastic...I was a member last year, and am signed up this year as well. Lots of dedicated track time, and a lot of great people to drive with. It's a huge advantage running with the same people every time out. You know everyone, and everyone knows you. It makes it much easier to relax and enjoy yourself, compared to the usual free-for-all at most events.
Old 01-24-2007 | 04:55 PM
Jim Bacus
Racer

Thumbs up

Here's some in car video I shot at Event #9 last year, just so people can see the track and some of the members cars. We were playing in some light rain, so the driving is a little reserved. I have a 997 but I am driving my Z06 in this video, and LAPS, Inc. is the new name this year.

Video Link Click Here

Quick Reply: Introduction to LAPS Incorporated