Sponsored by:

Kinesis ...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 09:19 PM
dave morris
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Kinesis ...

Anybody know what's up with Kinesis? Their website seems to be gone. Are they still in business? Has someone bought the business?
Old 01-05-2007, 10:15 PM
kurquhart
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

Yes, they got bought out by a larger wheel company, but I don't recall the name.

I just purchased some new Kinesis from Wheel Enhancement and had a pleasant experience. I wanted the new wheels to exactly match the old, but when I call Kinesis customer support (new company?) they were unable to find the specs for my old wheels. Wheel Enhancement still has contacts within Kinesis and were able to match my old wheels, thankfully.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:10 PM
va122
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lorinser bought them
Old 01-05-2007, 11:45 PM
dave morris
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks guys. I wonder what happened. Kinesis made some very nice wheels.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:32 AM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lexani bought them and was told "was going to bring them up to the next level" whatever that means. i just hope they keep the name AND quality alive and don't pimp it out like the rest of their wheels. it doesn't look good, just take a look at their website. the owners of kinesis were just given an offer they couldn't refuse.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:45 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

so, what is the deal. are you now talking to lexani? and is there still a kenisis around to answer those type of questions. If i damage a rim, who will have the rim section to fix it? Is the name Kinesis living on or is it officially dead?
are my next set of race rims from lexani going to be spinners? maybe they can make a spinning impeller to take the heat out of the race calipers
thanks,

MK

Originally Posted by kurquhart
Yes, they got bought out by a larger wheel company, but I don't recall the name.

I just purchased some new Kinesis from Wheel Enhancement and had a pleasant experience. I wanted the new wheels to exactly match the old, but when I call Kinesis customer support (new company?) they were unable to find the specs for my old wheels. Wheel Enhancement still has contacts within Kinesis and were able to match my old wheels, thankfully.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:14 AM
Guns951
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here come the baller pimped out master "G" race series participants....I hate lexani and all those 38" rim w/I C E manufacturers. Why do they give themselves such *** sounding names?

Guess my K57s won't get rebarreled after all
Old 01-06-2007, 12:31 PM
kurquhart
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
so, what is the deal. are you now talking to lexani? and is there still a kenisis around to answer those type of questions. If i damage a rim, who will have the rim section to fix it? Is the name Kinesis living on or is it officially dead?
The company Kinesis appears to be gone, but you can still buy Kinesis wheels and rim halves. How long that will continue is anyone's guess.

If I get desparate, I can just drive to the Kinesis factory; it is only 20 miles away. Of course, that could be gone now, too.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:36 PM
kary993
Drifting

I have been dealing with the new owners of Kinesis and it has been difficult. They do not have any history of dealers, they do not have the Kinesis molds for the wheels (as of last month), and they do not seem to get back with anyone when you call them. I am working on two orders for customers now and it is difficult for a previous dealer of Kinesis, can't imagine what it would be like for a customer......I think I will start recommending Fikse or BBS as it is much easier.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:17 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

Ive heard that forgeline is a good alternative. good looking wheels too!

im getting worried about the availability of the kinesis parts. if i a dent a rim section , who do i call?
Would it be the kinesis number or the new Lexani number. sounds like i better stop hitting the birms at laguna!

mk
Old 01-06-2007, 04:32 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ive heard that forgeline is a good alternative. good looking wheels too!

im getting worried about the availability of the kinesis parts. if i a dent a rim section , who do i call?
Would it be the kinesis number or the new Lexani number. sounds like i better stop hitting the birms at laguna!

mk

you'll need to call a retailer (wheel enhancement) for any replacement parts. i was lucky and was able to get in contact with kinesis directly when they were still in transition. i ordered wheel bolts and nuts without a problem but i have a feeling no one at lexani would know what the hell you're talking about.

it's a shame as kinesis had good wheels.

i think it's time to move onto a different brand. jongbloed is a brand i keep hearing good things about.... and they're local (morgan hill)
Old 01-07-2007, 12:31 AM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

I second Jongbloed. I got a set of custom 18" wheels made in one week.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:27 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,490 Likes on 2,272 Posts

i also ran jongbloed on track.
lighter than my fikses and stornger too.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

You guys should also consider Forgeline wheels. The owner Dave Schardt is a PCA racer and has developed some great wheels for racers and for your street cars. www.forgeline.com They are good to do business with also and stand behind their products.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:22 AM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 436 Likes on 260 Posts

are my next set of race rims from lexani going to be spinners? maybe they can make a spinning impeller to take the heat out of the race calipers
thanks,

MK

Kinesis was bought out by Lexani,,

Mark get your 928 down to our track day on Jan 24th!!

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series

Quick Reply: Kinesis ...