Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Data Aquisition Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 09:42 AM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

My pressure transducers are mounted between the master cylinder and ABS unit. Interestingly, the front and rear pressures are identical. I believe that in the 993 4 channel system the piston/pad size differeneces determine the bias and the pressure limiters on the rear circuit (removed by Porsche in the RSR and GT2 racing cars) prevents issues.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:06 AM
strandolph
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoffrey
Here is a picture of how I installed the brake pressure transducers in my car. The lines are -3 with screw on ends. The transducers are MoTeC parts which use have a -3 female connector and are 0-2000psi rated.
Thanks for the pic! Definitely helps me visualize how I'd do it.

Steve
Old 01-05-2007, 11:05 PM
wombat7
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geoffrey...

Are you having any problems with your brakes? I realize the system is a lot different than the one on the Atlantic car but, when we had loops that rose up above the level of our master cylinders, we were getting a spongy pedal and inaccurate pressure readings.

Also, if anyone has questions about analysis or anything like that feel free to PM me... and I'll try to help you out...
Old 01-06-2007, 08:24 AM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I've not had any issues with the brakes. The system was bled using the Porsche System Tester 2 which has a process to bleed each circuit. I was concerned about the placement and orientation of the pressure transducers, but things have been great.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:04 PM
kgorman
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Larry, what did you go with? I am looking at a GPS logger for the same exact reason as you (but for my way lower skill level).

I am thinking Traqmate b/c of the simple laptimer dash, and seemingly good software at a good price point.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:58 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kgorman
Larry, what did you go with? I am looking at a GPS logger for the same exact reason as you (but for my way lower skill level).

I am thinking Traqmate b/c of the simple laptimer dash, and seemingly good software at a good price point.
Ken, I didn't make any decision yet. I have had some other things to do to the car, and so it may have to wait another season. I am going to try and look at what Geoffrey has, just to know what the ultimate setup is, and go from there. I have a friend with a G2X that he loves, and I will take a close look at that sometime this spring.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Quick Reply: Data Aquisition Question