Sponsored by:

Help with ordering new ATC trailer please

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 11:07 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
V-nose guys tend to swear by them. The two main negatives are cost and increased tongue weight.
My 28ft. Pace V-nose (Aero Sport) was slightly less expensive than a similarly equipped Pace Daytona flat front. You should know that....
Old 12-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Jerseybean
GT3 Track Junkie
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remember to install a large enough Beer cooler for us all to enjoy. I really to get my trailer situation sorted out soon - hauling a cup car on a trailex draws too much attention plus it has no security. I just need to find on in my price range now.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Chris L.
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerseybean
Remember to install a large enough Beer cooler for us all to enjoy. I really to get my trailer situation sorted out soon - hauling a cup car on a trailex draws too much attention plus it has no security. I just need to find on in my price range now.

I promise you two things:

1. I will have a 'fridge full if you ever come down to the deep south to run that new puppy.

2. When you do bring her down here on that open Trailex, you can park it at my house and I will take "real good care of her" for you.

I imagine that an open trailer with a cup car would be a sight to behold!
Old 12-06-2006, 01:01 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 221 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
My 28ft. Pace V-nose (Aero Sport) was slightly less expensive than a similarly equipped Pace Daytona flat front. You should know that....
Aerosport and Shadow are built differently. Shadow is more money.

A fairer comparison would be the Pursuit to the Aerosport.

All different products.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:50 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
Aerosport and Shadow are built differently. Shadow is more money.
Hi Chris,

I know they're listed separately on Pace's website, but after reading through all of the specs I couldn't fiind any significant differences. My 28ft. Aero is really a 24ft. Shadow with an enclosed, extended front. I'm 1 ft. longer overall, and weigh almost the same as the 24ft. Daytona (+26lbs). They have the same steel frame, wall & roof construction, axels, hubs, tires, brakes, etc. Multiple options are available on both series, but apples to apples the Aerosport is less expensive for what appears to be the same product. Of course you can't get those pretty Daytona GT decals......
Old 12-06-2006, 06:46 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 221 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Hi Chris,

I know they're listed separately on Pace's website, but after reading through all of the specs I couldn't fiind any significant differences. My 28ft. Aero is really a 24ft. Shadow with an enclosed, extended front. I'm 1 ft. longer overall, and weigh almost the same as the 24ft. Daytona (+26lbs). They have the same steel frame, wall & roof construction, axels, hubs, tires, brakes, etc. Multiple options are available on both series, but apples to apples the Aerosport is less expensive for what appears to be the same product. Of course you can't get those pretty Daytona GT decals......
Without comparing and contrasting each model from the book the Shadow Daytona uses ugraded "LX" cabinetry, cast corners, different extrusions and some other stuff and offers more flash. The differences aren't major but added up can be significant. The Pursuit Monza (I think about $1000+ - less) which is not as flashy, just introduced, is pretty much the same thing as the Shadow Daytona yet uses less expensive "SX" cabinetry, extrusions, moldings etc and has a slightly different frame. The Daytona is an option package which includes the GT package, cabinets, electrical and a bunch of other stuff.

Aersosport vs. Shadow is like comparing apples to oranges. Aerosport doesn't compare to much directly in the Pace lineup. It features a similar build but is different enough not to directly compare - especially because it offers a V-Nose and the other 3 steel framed models are flat front.

If you want I can dig into the differences but they are not going to be earth shattering.

Axles, hubs, brakes etc. are all made by Dexter and are going to be the same offered by most enclosed trailer, open trailer and RV trailers.

You bought a good trailer. Pace offers different models because of demands from different segments of the market (mainly price). The Shadow is the top model which was redesigned in 2005 or so with some new features and a different construction. Bigfoot used to be the top model but was discontinued a few years ago. Pursuit is essentially an old style Shadow (pre-redesign) which is less expensive than the Shadow but offers many of the same features. Rallye is the entry level model. Silver Arrow is the aluminum line and Aerosport is the V-Nose. If somebody wanted a unit with a lot of highly specialized options (living quarters for example) they would have to get the Shadow for it is the only choice.

Any of them are good trailers. It just depends what a customer wants out of it and how much they want to spend.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:13 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Thanks Chris.....

Quick Reply: Help with ordering new ATC trailer please