Sponsored by:

Roebling Road Race Report anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 08:45 AM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Roebling Road Race Report anyone?

80 cars listed for the PCA race last weekend any news?
Old 12-05-2006, 11:54 AM
IPC
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks like Porsche clud racing is going down hill fast. Every body is jumping over to NASA. It is hard to get anyone to even talk about PCA racing. I hope they get the message soon. This 13/13 rule needs to be revamped, it's B.S. Poor Stacy Freeman gets a 13/13 for running off the track during warm ups on Saturday morning and hits a berm, causing minimal damage, if any and he gets a 13/13. He spent a lot of money to get there and has to go home before the race. The car is fine, but no, you have got to leave. B.S. I say. I also heard that Tim Betteridge blew an engine but thats all I know.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:08 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Lots of racing options out there for sure but PCA going downhill? The events are getting bigger with the exception of two PCA competeing events such as Daytona date was close enough to CMP to decrease the field a small amount. PCA Racing sure looks like it is growing to me.

I do agree that thousands of dollars to show up and sent home because you touched another car or barrier is a bit tough to swollow but I understand the concept. PCA does not allow you to go back in the race if you come inside the paddock during the race either.

The RR drivers list looked very good for the end of the year with about 80 cars.

Maybe the weather was bad and the Rennlisters are bummed
Old 12-05-2006, 12:40 PM
IPC
Instructor

Sorry, let me clarify. Yes PCA my be strong in the Cup car classes and GT classes but a number of the production based classes are shrinking and a number of the drivers are going to other groups to go racing. I drive one of the slower classed cars, so perception is reality for me. That may be what PCA is trying to do, get the slower cars out to enlarge the faster classes. I agree as a spectator I would rather watch a GT2 car go around the track than a 944 (which is what I drive) no offence to 944's. As a driver, PCA does not "appear" to be friendly to some groups. Just my opinion.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:40 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IPC
It looks like Porsche clud racing is going down hill fast. Every body is jumping over to NASA. It is hard to get anyone to even talk about PCA racing. I hope they get the message soon. This 13/13 rule needs to be revamped, it's B.S. Poor Stacy Freeman gets a 13/13 for running off the track during warm ups on Saturday morning and hits a berm, causing minimal damage, if any and he gets a 13/13. He spent a lot of money to get there and has to go home before the race. The car is fine, but no, you have got to leave. B.S. I say. I also heard that Tim Betteridge blew an engine but thats all I know.
same thing happened to me during warmup at summit point...in turn three, all alone, was looking through the turn to track out and did not see the accumulating water (slight steady rain)at the base of the access road which also happens to be at my turn in point...slid off of the track got backwards and tapped my rear end on the tire wall..small ding and a bent tailpipe...got a 13/13 for having cold tires, wet track and 55 degrees ambient temp for my warmup consolation prize...thanks, PCA; thanks for your understanding of the elements and adverse conditions....
Old 12-05-2006, 12:48 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

I personally went from 5-6 PCA races a year to the 2 local ones because NASA offers alot more races and the Nationals. Originally, I started due to the 13/13 in GTS Challenge that made sense. I've always said that if you have an off and don't hit anyone else, a 13 makes no sense. I already damaged my car and now you are going to penalize me again?

Anyway, the GTS Challenge paddock is full of ex-PCA racers who were for whatever reason tired of the bull**** that went on with PCA.

Oh yeah, in NASA, you don't have to worry about bumping up a class because you took off the AC compressor or have a different wing. It's all HP to weight.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:56 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Is this a PCA bashing thread? What if all the Roebling Road PCA racers are being held hostage by the Taliban and we are complainig about 13/13's. Seems very peculiar that 80 racers are MIA from rennlist.

SCCA/NASA/SVRA/PCA/HSR all have strong points. I still think PCA DE and Club Racing is the best foundation a new driver can get from a club.

Now lets free the RR Racers!
Old 12-05-2006, 01:02 PM
IPC
Instructor

John, hope to see you next year at a NASA race. I understand the reason for the 13/13 rule, but a little common sense needs to be used. There needs to some provision for the officials to say no harm, no foul. Go racing
Old 12-05-2006, 01:07 PM
IPC
Instructor

I would help go get them but I am on a 13/13
Old 12-05-2006, 01:26 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have had a 13 but never a 13/13 within the 13 months so the system works, sort of. I had a "safe racers" award and a 13. I know a driver who had two "contacts" during the same lap of the same race! Is that two 13's? Too much math for me.
Putting the drivers error aside I do not like the fact that you cannot continue in the race if your car is able.

I will try to get some satellite imagery of Roebling Road and see if the car trailers are still in the paddock.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:35 PM
IPC
Instructor

I have tried to call a couple of the guys, but no one has called me back. May need to call Home Land too .
Old 12-05-2006, 01:40 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 96 Posts

I was not there but spoke to Pennington and I think Mac McGhee won the sprint and Gary was P2 in the GTC3 class.

I sat this one out due to work. Will be ready to roll at Sebring.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:46 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Chris. Looks like Mac is getting ready for the Daytona 24 hour. High number of current PCA racers on the drivers list for Daytona.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Race awards Looks like it was wet in Savannah.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:23 PM
coryf
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 76 Posts

The race on Sunday was one of the craziest ever. Medium to heavy rain in the stock class group and light rain in the GT group. Everyone I talked to in the stock class group (including me) went off track multiple times during the allmost 40 min race. It was bad enough at one time that several people spun on the front straight from standing water. In the car I was driving (a F class 911) I was spinning the back tires when I hit puddles on the front straight. I was leading overall when a few laps from the end the car started to cutt off and died. I believe too much water in the floor boards flooded the ECU. All and All it was allot of fun in a very perverse way

The track was in great shape Saturday for the practices and fun races. The new pavement was helping guys put down some killer lap times. I am pretty sure there are going to be some new class practice records. The rain killed any chances of fast times Sunday.

some class winners:
GTC3 Forest Bowen
GT1R and overall Eugene McGillycudy
GT2s P. Drinnen

F Mike Branning
E Harrison Murry
G Mark McGuire
I Rick Brownyard

Quick Reply: Roebling Road Race Report anyone?