Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SuperSolo at Homestead--Frequently Asked Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 05:51 PM
gt3cup98
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for number info!
You guys lie, but I will think about both days at Moroso
Bob, Cayman S??
Boyd
Old 12-02-2006, 06:05 PM
agio
Racer

Boyd, so you're definately getting a GT3, etc? Hmmm, and your Cayman...what's the story with that?
Old 12-02-2006, 06:15 PM
gt3cup98
Racer

Bob:
We need to talk
Boyd
Old 12-02-2006, 06:32 PM
pedsurg
Three Wheelin'

Guys: I'm still confused (I know that's expected) But Joanne asked us to contact Bob V, Dan asked us to conact Joanne and Bob has asked us to contact him. Do I have that correct?
Jack
Old 12-02-2006, 07:19 PM
DanS911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob

Not to hijack the thread but since you asked........and you did start the thread!

ABSOLUTELY! We want every Instructor and any solo guys that are interested in Instructing to attend the School on January 6th at Moroso.
We had a great Event last year and have a few new twists planned for this year.

I especially want our "Senior" Instructors to come out and Mentor for the Candidates.

We had an excellent "Open Forum" round table discussion last year for existing Instructors when the Candidates are on the track. We will be expanding that for this year.
Great stuff with some of the best minds in the business sharing their thoughts.

Lots of track time both right seat and left seat guaranteed.

Thanks for the chance to get a shout out

Jack
I said that I contacted Joanne and she gave me a number.
Don't know nuttin' about all the other "he said ....she said"
Old 12-03-2006, 11:55 AM
agio
Racer

Dan, no worries. Y'did the right thing! Why not start the Jan Moroso thread to attract others. You're not bashful are you? Oh, yeah, you've convinced me to register for Jan. We have to support my local Club, don't we?
Old 12-03-2006, 01:22 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dan, Bob, I just finished the Suncoast instructor school and am in for the Gold Coast school as well. That way I get the east coast and west coast views!!
Looking forward to seeing you guys there! (Mitch?)

tom kerr
Old 12-03-2006, 08:14 PM
agio
Racer

Tom, looking forward to seeing you at Moroso in Jan. GoldCoast runs the same program as SunCoast...the National Cert program.
You'll find Moroso somewhat short compared to Sebring's 3.5 miles and 17 turns to about 2.2 miles and 10 turns. Moroso's surface is old and is tough on consumables such as tires, etc. It's a more technical track in a way because high power is not necessarily very helpful. Better driving techniques tend to prevail over higher power. Sebring is kind of a "thinking' drivers track where there plenty of room and it gives the driver opportunities to think their way around the great track. Moroso has shorter straights, tighter turns for the most part and little margin for error.
But, I have all the confidence in you and expect you'll do just fine as you did at SunCoast. We do have a group of great people here at GoldCoast.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:06 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Bob if the rest of your club is anywhere near as great as you I cant wait to make some new friends!!
I am doing the school because I want to really start out instructing on the right foot! I have just had my first two students at Sebring and it really was a lot of fun. I have so much to learn I hope you and the other mentors have the patience to keep helping me improve.
I am looking forward to Moroso for the DE school but also to experience a track that will take away some of the advantages my twin turbo gives me. I want to pick up some good driving tips on a much different track then I am used to, and Moroso seems to be perfect for that.
As you said, I will be continuing to focus on my driving skills instead of what my car can deliver hp wise. Glad you will be there, looking forward to it!
tom
Old 12-05-2006, 12:30 AM
jda407
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm away for a while and you guys come up with another great idea! I won't be able to join you and check out the new format this month (still finishing the house) But I hope to see you all and check it out in the new year.
See y'all soon
Jim

Jim Arnott
Delray Beach
Old 12-05-2006, 08:54 AM
agio
Racer

Jimmy, long time no see! Get that house done already and get your wheels on the track and have some fun. SuperSolo promises to be an exciting addition to the program. There are certain requirements, albeit fairly straight forward, to become a candidate. There is plenty of support for those who want to and are qualified to run in the new group.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:37 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

And Jim, I'm sure your car will pass tech for the new group since it is a proper race car!

I wonder if Mike will ever return?

I for one, can't wait to try this weekend out. Homestead is a fun track.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:04 PM
gt3cup98
Racer

You guys have fun and report on how it goes. I may have to wait until the RS arrives. Does not seem to make sense to put roll bar, seats and harness in Cayman S for a few months. I do too many expensive and dumb things. Not saying I definatly won't.
Sent Joanne E-mail and got 198 as my number. No big deal.
Boyd
Old 12-05-2006, 12:11 PM
agio
Racer

Boyd, Haven't seen you in some time. Don't throw in the towel. Be like me, "upbeat." Although, I myself have drifted in and out of "track funks" before. For me, they seem to come and go.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:57 PM
gt3cup98
Racer

Thanks! Bob
Maybe a Bright Orange 997 GT3 RS will give me a kick in the butt?
See you in January, enjoy the Holidays!
Boyd

Quick Reply: SuperSolo at Homestead--Frequently Asked Questions...