Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Impressive lap at Nurburgring

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 12:03 PM
Antonio
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Not as sexy maybe, but a good 2 minutes+ faster than the Yellowbird classic posted above.. Enjoy.

http://files.renntv.com/download/download.php?file=7
Wow! Juergen Alzen is the man! I wonder how many laps he has turned around Nordschleife. The place is positively scary. I was sweating bullets running gingerly laps on a sunny, cool fall day. I can't even begin to imagine what must feel like in the wet at those insane speeds.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:26 PM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a vid from Sabine Schmitz in a GT3 when passing the Alzen GT3 on the outside in Wipperman in the wet.

http://82.165.26.185/download/download.php?file=15
Old 11-24-2006, 05:56 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sweanders
Here is a vid from Sabine Schmitz in a GT3 when passing the Alzen GT3 on the outside in Wipperman in the wet.

http://82.165.26.185/download/download.php?file=15

Hey, I believe Sabine was driving a 996TT in that event. She ended up third in her class overall according to Renntv.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:58 PM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bobt993
Hey, I believe Sabine was driving a 996TT in that event. She ended up third in her class overall according to Renntv.
Nope, she was driving a 997Cup car and Alzen was driving a 500+ hp 996Cup car.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:05 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 66 Posts

Im so sick of seeing rain laps at the Ring. be great to see her run on dry pavement, any links to a dry lap? Her lap still was fast, at what, 10:20, but she ran 9 min in a van once! so, we are watching a cool car run slower than a miata on dry pavement. rain racing just doesnt do it for me. although, i did enjoy the first few turn spin.

mk

Originally Posted by sweanders
Nope, she was driving a 997Cup car and Alzen was driving a 500+ hp 996Cup car.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:45 AM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 9 minute lap wasn't a full lap(gate to gate) if I recall correctly, also it didn't include the "F1 track"...
Old 11-25-2006, 02:25 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

after watching the Alzen video , there was a constant feeling , where have i heard this sound before , then it hit 1989 , damn it , his 996 sounds like a 962 ,
wow the same chirps , the way the boost builds everything wow , it was fantastic to hear again ...

Marc K,
one of the best races i have ever witnessed was a FIA Sportscar race , gt1,2,3, @ Sebring 1998 , in the rain. It was off the wall , watching the best sportcar drivers hustle these GT cars around in the rain , from my vantage ( i was watching the race from the Mercedes team transporter on the back straight ) point there was little difference visually in the rain than in the dry , of course the lap times where off , but it seperated the cheese from the chalk , as the very best drivers went at it.
Old 11-25-2006, 04:03 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

The Uwe Alzen run with the RS Tuning black devil is a sub-7 minute one. He set the fastest lap during the 24hrs of Nurburgring last year with 7:20s or so (that's faster than the fastest CGT run on the 'Ring ever) and he was lapping in the high 7s- low 8s most of the time!!

I don't think Sabine stands a chance with him...in any car like for like. I don't like the guy because of his (un)competitive behaviour on the track usually, but must agree he drives like a devil.
Old 11-25-2006, 03:42 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 66 Posts

no debate there, watching a close race in the rain can be quite entertaining, with a lot of action.(and crashes) but watching in-car footage going that slow on the Ring is interesting, but not that exciting. heck, i want to see 200mph down that 2 mile straight!

I also saw that Hans Stuck video in the GTR BMW. now that was cool! but it would be more interesting to see an actual race incar with these types of cars on a dry day.

MK

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Marc K,
one of the best races i have ever witnessed was a FIA Sportscar race , gt1,2,3, @ Sebring 1998 , in the rain. It was off the wall , watching the best sportcar drivers hustle these GT cars around in the rain , from my vantage ( i was watching the race from the Mercedes team transporter on the back straight ) point there was little difference visually in the rain than in the dry , of course the lap times where off , but it seperated the cheese from the chalk , as the very best drivers went at it.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:30 PM
AC coupe
Instructor

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
MK

kind of reminds me of a more talented version of this famous steering wheel walker,
http://video.google.it/videoplay?doc...=porsche+crash

Obviously that's either a Porsche tractor or more likely, a Subaru...

at the ring it would be more
Like this

Quick Reply: Impressive lap at Nurburgring