Sponsored by:

CALLING ALL 993 OR 996 CENTER LOCK HUB GUYS

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 12:13 AM
Guns951
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CALLING ALL 993 OR 996 CENTER LOCK HUB GUYS

Does anyone that has this setup have a PET drawing or pictures of their hubs without wheels on? Looking to duplicate the setup and get made for the 951. I understand that the kit for the 996 can be purchased from the dealer from the factory to convert standard 5 lug hubs to center lock. Thanks in advance!
Old 11-07-2006, 08:47 AM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The factory centerlocking hubs are based on C4 front hubs (rears are the same C2/C4) and are machined to accept the centerlock "lock pot" and the drive dogs. I converted a stock set to centerlock for my project. The center screw itself screws to a stub axle in the front of the car and to the drive axle in the rear.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:28 AM
gps-marc
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default center locks for 944/68

Hi, just thought I could point you in the right direction. Back in the early 90's there was a guy named Lloyd Hawkins who was running a 968 Turbo RS in the GT class against the C2 rsr's. That car had the small centerlocks on it. I think the shop "rennsport" in Louisana did/does the prep work on his cars, you should contact them, they may be able to help.

Doing the front end of a 944 wouldnt be the same as doing the newer 911 style stuff because as the person who replied before me said, the front end on the 911 style stuff is based on 4 wheel drive with a through axle, the stud that you see sticking out is simply an extended "axle nut".

If you wanted to do the big style 935 center locks it wouldnt be too bad. The way BMW does it is that they make a Titanium stub that bolts to the wheel hub(via the wheel bolts) with the large snout on it for the axle nut. It's kind of hokey, but that is how all the DTM and Group A BMW's were done through the late 90's.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:32 PM
Julian Allen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

The 968 TRS rear centerlocks are done the same way as the 993's and 964's, but with a different center stud. Would be hard to find them: Motorsports in Weissach sold their last kits about three years ago but they might have some spares. The fronts were completely different: they used a machined hub with a thread-on hub cap integrated with a stud (look at Konstantin's site's pictures of the yellow RS car in South Africa).
For the front, the slickest solution would be to be able to adapt the 996 or 997 hub carrier . . . and use their RSR or RS parts . . .
Old 02-11-2007, 03:07 AM
Guns951
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found a guy, Jason Lockton who has the CAD files for centerlocks all the way around for the 951 - I'm going to go this route to have a similar setup on all 4 wheels that has been tested and such on the 951s.

I like the looks of the old 930 centerlocks as there was something similar used on the 944 GTR Turbos.

Quick Reply: CALLING ALL 993 OR 996 CENTER LOCK HUB GUYS