Buttonwillow - 7hrs 45min - NASA
Pueblo, Co - 10hrs 45 Min - PCA
Miller - 10hrs 50 min - PCA
Laguna Seca - 11 hrs 10 min
Infineon - 12 hrs
Thunderhill - 12hrs
Hallet - 15hrs - PCA
Mid-ohio - 28.5 hrs - NASA & PCA

Here in Phoenix I have 2 races "close" PIR, Cal Speedway, and two that a full day Miller & Pueblo. Hard to make a "series" from 4 PCA races.

Wow! sorry for the hijack, just curios. Some dedicated racers. I had no idea people did that. I can see why it would be hard to create a series if most of the people aren't willing to travel those distances.

Cheers
Old 11-10-2006, 12:53 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

So far I have travel to the following tracks

PIR & Firebird These are my "home tracks"
Willow Springs, Cal Speedway, Las Vegas

Next year I am planning trip to Cal Speedway with NASA and Maybe Miller if can get the "boss" to approve. One day I will get to Infineon.

Getting back on Topic... This is a major reason why PCA will have a hard time creating A "series". I run in series with NASA and we have 4 regions that cover those tracks except for Mid-ohio & Hallet. (they are 2 more).
So-Cal Region uses
WillowSprings
Buttonwillow
Cal Speedway

Az Region use
PIR
Firebird
With cross over to cal Speedway

Nor-Cal uses
Thunderhill
Infineon
Buttonwillow (crossover).

Rocky Mountain uses
Pueblo
Miller
and a couple others.

In each of these regions they run 6-8 Weekends pear year. With two races per weekend it is easy to stay in your region and run 12 to 16 races. That is plenty for points. Of course you run the same track multiple weekends, but it is still lots of fun. IN 2006 Az 944 got together with So-Cal guys for a "Southwest Championship". The idea was 4 weekends (8 races) at 4 different tracks. 2 in So-Cal and 2 in Az. We have completed 3 of those 4 weekends and so far cross over has been much less than desired. So even getting guys to run 5hrs to run a "series" can be tough. Running less than 8 races (4 weekends is really tough to call it a "series")

For 2007 we have plans for 4 region southwest championship with races at Cal Speeway, PIR, Miller and Infineon or T-hill. This means 1 race in each region. Hopes are high and we have had good growth this year so maybe it will work out. Even if it all it does is send a few guys to race with other 944 spec guys out of region it would be great.

Point is a "series" is great, but it needs a high volume of events in short enough distance to allow for a repeat of the same 90% of the drivers to really be valid. If onyl 2-3 of 10 drivers are "regulars" you don't have much of a "series". I think for PCA to have series in west would be quite hard.

Quick Reply: PCA club racing