Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Official NNJR-VIR 2006 event thread!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 09:51 PM
rs911t
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think they're full ... 128 folks in the red/pink/black run groups, 62 in blue/yellow. 44 car free-for-all in white (woo-hoo!)
Old 11-02-2006, 09:54 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rs911t
I think they're full ... 128 folks in the red/pink/black run groups, 62 in blue/yellow. 44 car free-for-all in white (woo-hoo!)
Blue and White run together. "Yellow" is shorthand for Green/Yellow combined because the track program won't accomodate more than 6 run groups listed on the printout.

In any event, I believe that it is truly full.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:26 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Big6Dad
Hum, Less then two weeks to go at one of NNJR's largest events with an overload of instructors (70+ in red) already accepted..... Dosen't seem like good odds to me. You might want to SEND IN an application early on in the future instead of trying to get in via email at the last minute......
Excellent suggestion!

There are currently 88 Instructors signed up, with 58 running in Red according to the website. 10 in Pink and the remainder in Black. All subject to change.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:56 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Engine and Tranny are in the car. I stil have some electrical stuff to hook up and then I'll fire it up tomorrow morning.

Special thanks to Rob and Jim at Eurowerks for getting my transmission finished up for me PDQ! I sincerely appreciate their efforts!

Funny story. My engine has been out of the car for 1 week and 3 days. Tonight, after mating the engine with the chassis, I lowered my engine dolly. I then noticed a small pile of various acorns and nuts on the dolly pad. Then as I was working under the car hooking up the starter, I heard something, and out of the corner of my eye saw a small mouse hop from the bottom side of the engine, onto the ground, and off into a corner of the shop.

I've checked the engine over good, haven't noticed anything. I think he/she was using the pad as a place to keep warm.

Kind of funny at the time!

Brian
Old 11-02-2006, 11:19 PM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Big6Dad
Hum, Less then two weeks to go at one of NNJR's largest events with an overload of instructors (70+ in red) already accepted..... Dosen't seem like good odds to me. You might want to SEND IN an application early on in the future instead of trying to get in via email at the last minute......
Until recently I would have been unable to make the event. Things have changed now. I have never had a problem with getting into events in the past - even last minute - as an instructor. I was unaware of the amount of response for the instructor group. I will hope to be able to plan it better for next time.
It seems that there will be a fun group of fast guys to play with. Sucks for me at this point!
Old 11-02-2006, 11:41 PM
Jimbo951
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
...the track program won't accomodate more than 6 run groups listed on the printout.
Russ told me that the program won't take more than 60 per column. That's why there's a Pink Run Group (who'll run with Red). And I agree the run groups are going to be Red/Pink, Black, White/Blue, Yellow.

- RedDogger
Old 11-03-2006, 09:11 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Jimbo951
Russ told me that the program won't take more than 60 per column. That's why there's a Pink Run Group (who'll run with Red). And I agree the run groups are going to be Red/Pink, Black, White/Blue, Yellow.

- RedDogger
What Meat Head built THAT program? 6 columns, 60 names per column...seems to be a trend here!
Old 11-03-2006, 09:26 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 833 Likes on 418 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
What Meat Head built THAT program? 6 columns, 60 names per column...seems to be a trend here!
OT: Hey, I only built the core program. DT did all the reports. Would probably be difficult to read if you used a small enough font to fit more than 60 names
Old 11-03-2006, 03:03 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 38D
OT: Hey, I only built the core program. DT did all the reports. Would probably be difficult to read if you used a small enough font to fit more than 60 names
Thank you MH......er, Colin. Silly me would have gone to another page. But, as you would point out, what does a Marketing/Advertising guy know about it (or anything)?
Old 11-05-2006, 12:37 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I have it from an unimpeachable source that there will be a keg of Sierra Nevada tapped on Friday night.........
Old 11-05-2006, 01:48 PM
Hoosier_Daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Can I come? .... Please?
Old 11-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Hoosier_Daddy
Can I come? .... Please?
Hell, I thought you would be the one to tap the keg! Bring cigars......
Old 11-05-2006, 05:28 PM
Hoosier_Daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Packing the puros now ...
Old 11-05-2006, 08:42 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like I'm not going to make it after all.

Something happened to my turbo as I was driving the car trying to get some break in miles on my new motor. I was hoping to get enough this weekend and then have it aligned at Autometrics and dynoed Wed before leaving Thurs.

Did I say I was
Old 11-05-2006, 08:47 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by A930Rocket
Looks like I'm not going to make it after all.

Something happened to my turbo as I was driving the car trying to get some break in miles on my new motor. I was hoping to get enough this weekend and then have it aligned at Autometrics and dynoed Wed before leaving Thurs.

Did I say I was

Ah crap. Very sorry to hear that. My car is "supposed" to be ready but I am getting very, very paranoid at this point. I can't imagine missing it.

OK, now for the vulture in me . . . did you have a reservation at the lodge, and if so . . . . ?

Quick Reply: The Official NNJR-VIR 2006 event thread!