Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SUSPENSION SET UP!?!?! 944

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 11:55 AM
renvagn
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed, John is another good source, I am not familiar with Karl. Dapare has received good pieces of information, but it lacks a comprehensive approach which is needed. i.e.
lower ride height
as he posted. You can't adjust the ride height much without stressing the stock control arms, so figure on another $1,500 or so for Racers Edge upgrades.

Dapare, you need to contact one of the references above and define your objectives, determine what will work for your car, establish an overall upgrade strategy and integrate the changes over time, unless your wallet is FAT. Otherwise you are spinning your Good luck, they are great cars when set-up correctly. And a handful when not. Just ask Mustang Magic. Sorry Todd, I couldn't resist.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:48 PM
Depape
Racer

how much would i cost to revalve stock m030 shocks??? and can i run 300lb rate springs on the stock shocks?? (how high of a rate spring can i get?)
Old 10-30-2006, 07:57 PM
944CS
Drifting

doesn't the TurboS M030 package include progressive rate front springs that go up to 400+ lbs/in?
Old 10-30-2006, 08:21 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey;

I suggest you make sure the shocks you have are working properly. If they are not, get new ones. Keep it stock until you learn what works, and earn the cash to go for a real setup. Buying stop-gap parts like conversions and non adjustable shocks will only be that. You may likely be getting rid of all of it someday soon when you want a real system.

I'm betting an experienced pilot could take you for a ride in your car and surprise you with how much quicker they would be. Unless you are that experienced driver, YOU are the limiting factor, not the car. If you are the limiting factor, what's your point?

Work on the driver and save your cash till it really counts. As a student, you have other concerns right now. Wait till you can afford the goods and can devote the resourse to doing it as a SYSTEM.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:53 PM
Depape
Racer

well i was just wondering how much it would cost to "fix" my shocks...revalve them and rebuild them to new/better than before.......i think that and the 968 sways is all im going to stick with for a while
Old 10-31-2006, 12:23 AM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

A good suspension system is just that......a system. The parts that you put together need to be designed to work together. Don't fall into the trap of "just add this sway bar and you'll be fine". Talk with someone who really understands 944 suspension and add new suspension bits based on their advise about a total working package.

You can "tune out" oversteer by adding rear camber or taking away front camber. Of course, you must first be certain that you are driving the car properly and it is not your driving style that is causing the loose condition.

If you are using street tires on a M030 suspension vs DOT track tires on a stock M030 suspension, you may experience different car dynamics due to the suspension being unable to compensate with the weight changes brought on by the additional grip.

In short, have a plan. Find someone you can ask tons on questions, then buy parts from them based on their advise. You also need to decide if you are ultimately trying to build a suspension to a set of rules, or not. This will affect your choices.

Spend money with a purpose. If you can't do that.........send it to me and I will spend it on my car for a specific purpose.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:17 PM
renvagn
Burning Brakes

Spend money with a purpose. If you can't do that.........send it to me and I will spend it on my car for a specific purpose.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Old 10-31-2006, 04:27 PM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Bill,

If I lived at the Woodlands I'd spend so much time out on the golf course I would never get to the track. This is not a bad thing, but now it's the other way around for me, viz., between work and going to the track, I hardly ever get to play golf (3 rounds this year).
Old 10-31-2006, 08:53 PM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by richard glickel.
Bill,

If I lived at the Woodlands I'd spend so much time out on the golf course I would never get to the track. This is not a bad thing, but now it's the other way around for me, viz., between work and going to the track, I hardly ever get to play golf (3 rounds this year).
Golf?! That's a rich man's sport! Much too expensive for my blood.

No, the real trouble living in the Woodlands is that 3 great tracks are less than 3 hours away.

Now a Porsche engineered golf cart my change my focus.......just a little!
Old 11-04-2006, 10:52 AM
Depape
Racer

so nobody know where i can send my shocks to get them revalved and such??
Old 11-04-2006, 11:13 AM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Depape
Back to the manufacturer, usually.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:14 AM
mein51
Racer

Originally Posted by trackjunky
No, the real trouble living in the Woodlands is that 3 great tracks are less than 3 hours away.
Soon to be 4! Eagle's Canyon I think its called?
Old 11-06-2006, 12:52 AM
Willard Bridgham 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Depape

If you have konis, try here:

http://www.truechoice.com/products/koni.html

Quick Reply: SUSPENSION SET UP!?!?! 944