Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alonso has gone coo-coo.

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 09:58 AM
Traffic53
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

everyday is like christmas for those who love to watch alonso act like an idiot. check todays hits...(love the global warming crack):

http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/head...04104643.shtml

in this one, michelin's Rollier has to send over a note requesting alonso shut the f--k up:

http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/head...04110934.shtml

the really puzzling part is what exactly FA is doing. does he think this type of behavior will rally the engineers? does symonds actually go to alonso and say "my bad, mate. we've been dicking the dog the last month or two. we'll give you the car/tire combo you deserve next race."

what a *****.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:10 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was pretty obvious that Michelin was backing away from F1 over this season. Why commit vast amounts of money to a program that they feel was not providing a return. If it was, then why would they quit?

Anyway, the fun is just beginning. Wait till Michael takes the lead, Fernando will really flip out then. And just think about next season when he is constantly breaking down in the McClaren, and Kimi is happily (for a Finn anyway) motoring to his fiirst World Championship for Ferrari! With the Tifosi screaming for him, he might even crack a smile!
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 10-04-2006, 10:28 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,061 Likes on 547 Posts

How can you tell when Kimi is happy?
Old 10-04-2006, 11:14 AM
trumperZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan C.
How can you tell when Kimi is happy?
Hhmmm... when he has a drink in his hand & a girl dancing in his lap ?

J/K... I bet Kimi's glad to be leaving those unreliable McLarens.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:11 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Alonso, I hear NASCAR calling!!
Old 10-04-2006, 12:20 PM
rbennett
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mitch236
Alonso, I hear NASCAR calling!!
Last time I saw JPM in the news, his Mullet is coming along nicely, should be fully grown by his first race
Old 10-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 992 Likes on 595 Posts

I have more respect for a driver who is upset with the team and doesn't speak publicly of it than a guy that spouts like FA. I'm sure the crew really wants to help him now.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:52 PM
4 Kurves
Pro

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Wait till Michael takes the lead, Fernando will really flip out then.
Michael is already in the lead. If the season was over now MS would win based upon his seven wins to FA's six wins.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:05 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Right you are, I was just thinking about the points total.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:50 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

I don't know why the teams allow the announcement of a driver line up change prior to the end of the season. And by the end of the season I mean, when the team is no longer in contention for a driver or manufacturer championship. The effect on morale has to be significant. Furthermore, why would Michelin be interested in spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on further development of their tires when it's done after this year? Alonzo is SCREWED. But on the bright side, Schumacher will be going out in style.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:55 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

I would think that Michelin still wants to provide the ultimate tire. And they only have themselves to blame for being booted out of F1. I think Alonso is screwing himself. For all those MS haters you have to admit that when the chips were down last year, he remained the ultimate team player and never blamed anyone in particular for his poor performances. A couple of rough patches for Alonso this year and he is crying to anyone who will listen.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:37 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 243 Likes on 147 Posts

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. I wonder if Ron Dennis is regrettting signing Alonso. He's been whinning more lately than my 2.5 year old on a bad day.

Even if you really dislike Schumacher, as mitch236 said, he never pointed fingers at his team last year, or at the beginning of this year when the chips were down. He never blamed the tires, the car, the stewards etc. And as others have said, he is like the terminator in that he just keeps coming. I am not his biggest fan, but I do hope he wins the title and goes out on top like John Elway did.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:38 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera51
goes out on top like John Elway did.
Wasn't Elway the guy that whined and cried and threw a fit until Baltimore finally traded him to Denver?

Anyway, I'm a little pissed at FA right now but lets not start comparing him to JPM. FA brought Renault from nowhere to driver's and constructor's championship in three years. No one can question that he's the second best driver in F1 over the past 5 years. No question he's under a lot of pressure and not handling it well but he's still one hell of a driver.

Anyway, I don't really care. I'm going to Daytona!
Old 10-04-2006, 06:42 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by JimB
Old 10-04-2006, 07:59 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,474 Likes on 2,070 Posts

Originally Posted by JimB
Wasn't Elway the guy that whined and cried and threw a fit until Baltimore finally traded him to Denver?

Anyway, I'm a little pissed at FA right now but lets not start comparing him to JPM. FA brought Renault from nowhere to driver's and constructor's championship in three years. No one can question that he's the second best driver in F1 over the past 5 years. No question he's under a lot of pressure and not handling it well but he's still one hell of a driver.

I don't think we're too far off target in looking down the road regarding the comparision to Whine Pablo Montoya. McClaren is not the most reliable car out there, Newey is gone, they will be on tires they're not used to. Where MS would rally the team, building them up and tell them we have to work harder and smarter to be competitive, Alonso is breaking the team from within and calling out the people who helped him get that Championship last year and still may pull it out this year.

WHAT FOR ALONSO'S MELTDOWN NEXT YEAR WHEN HE GETS THE BLUE FLAG WHEN FISI PUTS A LAP ON HIM, then we'll see fireworks.

Quick Reply: Alonso has gone coo-coo.