Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alonso has gone coo-coo.

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006 | 08:14 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

I just read what FA said about Fisi passing him and how he should not have, so my above post of Fisi putting a lap on his *** was just a joke, but now after reading that, I'm pulling for it to happen more than once next year.

Is there anyone out there in this forum that believes Fisi didn't do the right thing? At the time, I thought FA lost a lower gear because he couldn't pull out of the slowest turns (2-3), but had great speed on the straights. FA was basically a wounded duck and Fisi was doing what a teammate should do.

I'm not a big Fisi fan, in fact I think he's overrated, but I thought he did everything right on Sunday to support his team leader. This thread is perfectly titled with "Alonso and coo-coo".
Old 10-04-2006 | 09:56 PM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

I have to say I have really enjoyed reading all these threads. I am a MS fan, I have his 6 and 7 time world champion hat and I am looking forward to a 8 time one I don't really like Fisi much but I think he did the right thing to help the team and what is his reward CryBaby FA ****s on him let alone the rest of the team. Its really easy to be a well rounded person/sport when things are going your way, the true colours come out when things get tough. Forza anyone but FA.
Old 10-04-2006 | 10:01 PM
dpressley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Go Kubica!

Anyone else read Matchett's book "A Mechanic's Tale"? Just finished it and really enjoyed it. It was interesting reading about the "early" MS. Matchett's not fond of WC's not staying around to defend their titles. Wonder how Steve-o will reason this one out.
Old 10-04-2006 | 10:19 PM
rbennett
Drifting

Originally Posted by M3Pete
Is there anyone out there in this forum that believes Fisi didn't do the right thing? At the time,
I thought he did the right thing!!!
Alonso should of kissed Fisi's *** after that race, instead of storming up to the podium

It's allway fun to watch Schui's reaction after any win, he acts like a kid at a candy store
Old 10-05-2006 | 09:15 AM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dpressley
Go Kubica!

Anyone else read Matchett's book "A Mechanic's Tale"? Just finished it and really enjoyed it. It was interesting reading about the "early" MS. Matchett's not fond of WC's not staying around to defend their titles. Wonder how Steve-o will reason this one out.

I'm with you, hoping for big things out of Kubica next year!!!

I shall have to put that book on my X-mas list... thanks!
Old 10-05-2006 | 11:06 AM
Traffic53
Burning Brakes

for alonso to bitch about fisi making a pass is to say that alonso thinks of f1 as a team sport, and not a race. i never really had a problem with this thinking as a ferrari fan because schu has always been so much quicker. doesn't make business sense to give points to a usually slower #2 when next week he will probably wander around in p4 or 5. however, if you have a team sport attitude, it's tough to rag on the team when you don't perform for whatever the reason. in other words, i think a tie should go to alonso, but when you are beat, you're beat! it wasn't close. fisi and schu were lapping 3 seconds quicker before alonso got passed. you have to let them by and switch to damage control. bad break, but what does alonso expect? he didn't say dick about the michelins after quali...and probably didn't have a problem with them for the first 20 laps of the race! now the track is drying and my 4 year old knows the bridgestone inters excel in those conditions. what's alonso's complaint?
Old 10-05-2006 | 11:09 AM
FTS
Burning Brakes

Forget FA complaining about Michelins after quali, but he was all praises after his Hungary win for them. I guess all issues are relative
Old 10-05-2006 | 11:12 AM
M758
Race Director

Originally Posted by 924RACR
I shall have to put that book on my X-mas list... thanks!
My wife got my Machett's book for my birthday a couple years back.
Old 10-05-2006 | 12:03 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

MS was so much faster than Alonso that if Fisi waited behind Alonso, MS would have passed them both.
Old 10-05-2006 | 12:54 PM
4 Kurves
Pro

"This? This is NOTHING" (see Briatore's comments)

Anyone see "Wag the Dog"? Remember Dustin Hoffman's character?

Flavio Briatore says he has talked to Fernando Alonso and Giancarlo Fisichella in an attempt to put out the fire started by the Spaniard’s controversial comments in a press conference at Suzuka (click here for story).

Alonso implied that in last weekend’s race in China he had not had enough help from the team and especially Fisichella. He felt that the Italian had put both cars at risk when he found a way past as Michael Schumacher stalked them both.

Speaking to SPEEDtv.com on Thursday evening Briatore said he wasn’t too worried about the fuss.

“I don’t think it so bad,” said the team boss. “I told them both, Fisico and Fernando, I want it to be peaceful and quiet. Both are working for the best this weekend. It’s some nervousness, it’s normal, after a nothing in China. You know what, we have had the race in our hands, and in the end we had a very poor result in respect of our performance. But this is nothing, it’s no tragedy.”

Briatore denied that Alonso’s criticism would demotivate team members who have been working flat out.

“Mechanics work hard if the performance is good or bad. You need to understand the emotional part of the driver, and let’s see. This may make you more angry and make you more aggressive this weekend.

“I don’t want to create any more problem, because honestly it’s not only today I talk with Fernando and Fisico. Same boys, same game.”

Briatore admitted that the tire strategy error in China had been a major blow to the team.

“China was unfortunate, because we didn’t understand what was going on. We never understood that changing the tires would cause this damage to the team and to us. We had graining and we never had this before, and it was very unfortunate. Afterwards at the pitstop, again, a mistake. But I don’t think was fundamental, we lost the race when Michael overtook him.”
Old 10-05-2006 | 02:36 PM
Matt Marks
Burning Brakes

Yup - FA can go whine with McLaren who are on a downward slope. Turns out that Ron Dennis was the one who protested the mass dampers (NOT Ferrari - so all the haters can eat a little crow here ;-) as they were unable to make their versions work. Flav says this directly in this month's F1 Racing mag (p. 70)

Unreliable engines, new tires, personnel defections - McLaren is probably going to slide into the midfield like Williams has for the last couple of years. FA is going to lose it completely. Maybe he has an out and can go back to Renault when they fire Fisi.
Old 10-05-2006 | 02:42 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Matt Marks
Maybe he has an out and can go back to Renault when they fire Fisi.
Why would they fire Fisi? In my opinion, he will do quite well. I don't think he should have the first seat, but as a wingman, he is doing better than Massa right now.

Quick Reply: Alonso has gone coo-coo.