Sponsored by:

What is PCA Driver Ed all about?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 04:20 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 787 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Fishman
I took my street/track 993 to Sebring for the DE portion of the club race many moons ago. The tech guy was grilling me about who did the work to my car, he had never heard of my shop or mechanic, what I had done, etc, etc. He was heeming and hawing about not letting me run and my blood pressure was in the red since I towed my car almost 18 hrs. He made a comment about needing to talk to my mechanic and wouldn't you know it, my mechanic just entered the track in the Porsche parts truck, at the time he was a consultant/parts rep for Porsche and had finished the 24hr at Daytona. My mechanic came over to see what was going on and the tech guy pretty much shut up and signed me off at that point. The same guy(Brad Kettler) is now the crew chief for Champion Audi, my guess is he knew what he was doing...
This story better makes the point I was describing. There is tremendous variability in the quality of the tech line from event to event. I have seen techs that are run by head mechanics at well known and respected shops, and I have also seen the line manned by people that look for a 911's engine the front.

Quick Reply: What is PCA Driver Ed all about?