Sponsored by:

SCCA Runoffs, anyone...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 12:34 AM
tlark
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCCA Runoffs, anyone...

here qualify and going to the Run-offs ?
Old 09-17-2006, 09:23 AM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Mark Dalen (Sunday Driver) is going to be there in his Stohr.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:59 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Not this year, went last year and it was too much time hanging out all week and running the last race. This year GT2 is the 2nd race, would have been a lot better... and no huge advantage to the veterans who had run dozens of runoffs at Mid Ohio. Maybe also less advantage to the super light cars in Kansas, will soon find out!
Old 09-17-2006, 10:36 PM
Bruce P
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll be there in a 2002 GT3 Cup. Also going with Cup Cars are Tom Gonzales from New Mexico and Paul Fairchild and Paul Bonham both from Arizona. Should have several more Cups from around the country also.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:10 AM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As Greg said, I will be there. Paddock will be in the lower section near T1 with a group of DSR's. Drop by and say hello if you are there.

DSR 66 - Blue Stohr with flag graphics.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:33 AM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Good luck, Bruce!!

Let us know if the light tube frame cars are still killing the cup cars out of the corners or if the turns are fast enough to allow the cups to carry some speed.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:46 PM
tlark
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bruce P
I'll be there in a 2002 GT3 Cup. Also going with Cup Cars are Tom Gonzales from New Mexico and Paul Fairchild and Paul Bonham both from Arizona. Should have several more Cups from around the country also.

I saw a couple of guys from NM at the April PCA race that ran in the slop. Hopefully the weather will fair better this time out. There was a crew from TEX that spent more time cleaning mud off their car than running it.

Thanks and good luck......
Old 09-18-2006, 02:50 PM
gt3cup
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

We will be there running a West Wr 1000 (a progression of Mark's Stohr) in DSR. Car # 02. We will be paddocked near Mr Dalen. (Hi Mark!) I am currently racing this car in SCCA and IMSA lites.

Mike, I have been watching the GT2 class with similar interest. Wayland Joe and I have had a couple of really fun on-track battles and he has experienced a good deal of success this season in SCCA. I have thought about campaining in both classes next year. We have just become the new Midwest distributor for West Race Cars. Perhaps the cross-pollenization may spark some interest in my P-car buddies and get them to check out our prototypes...

Last edited by gt3cup; 09-18-2006 at 05:34 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:51 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

If it rains, the GT3 cups could rule the runoffs in GT2... no luck last year (dry all week)
Old 09-18-2006, 06:23 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gt3cup
We will be there running a West Wr 1000 (a progression of Mark's Stohr) in DSR. Car # 02. We will be paddocked near Mr Dalen. (Hi Mark!) I am currently racing this car in SCCA and IMSA lites.

Mike, I have been watching the GT2 class with similar interest. Wayland Joe and I have had a couple of really fun on-track battles and he has experienced a good deal of success this season in SCCA. I have thought about campaining in both classes next year. We have just become the new Midwest distributor for West Race Cars. Perhaps the cross-pollenization may spark some interest in my P-car buddies and get them to check out our prototypes...
I look forward to seeing you again, Mark. Cool about being the new West distributor.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:48 PM
tlark
Drifting

One last ?, It been years since being totally familar with all the classes having run FF myself, what are some of the more competitive classes from a fans perspective. I want to visit a few old friends in the Paddock, yet don't want to miss something good on the track. TIA
Old 09-18-2006, 07:29 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tom Larkins
One last ?, It been years since being totally familar with all the classes having run FF myself, what are some of the more competitive classes from a fans perspective. I want to visit a few old friends in the Paddock, yet don't want to miss something good on the track. TIA
Tom,

(all my personal biases)...
Any (and most) provide good racing somewhere in the pack. SM, SRF and FV are almost always going to give a great battle. DSR should be a great race throughout the pack. FF and FC are usually good shows, as are the SSx cars. T1, T2 have been good in the past. Production classes are usually good early, but attrition thins things out in a hurry. CSR could prove to be a real battle or a runaway - same for FA. FM is usually tight racing.

On a side note, I now have a business in Lee's Summit - PM me if you want to get together some time.

Quick Reply: SCCA Runoffs, anyone...