Brake pad recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 09:33 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by analogmike
I have been trying the Hawk Blues on my 73 "RS". THey are a little tough to use in high speed threshold braking with my early non ABS car. I missed T1 at Lime Rock a few times (twice losing a position in an SCCA race) by trying to brake hard and late. On my car they need to be used gently or else you lose control and steering. They are a little too powerful for their own good.
Mike, next time try the Hawk HT-10 compound. They are as "powerful" as the Blues, but have a slightly more progressive initial bite and a higher heat range if that matters. I liked the Blues, but tried the HT-10s and liked them even more.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:33 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI:
I did go with a set of Pagid Yellows. Not surprisingly, they help up on the track significantly better than my old pads, the KFP Magnum Golds. I'm not putting down the KFP's, I just found the Pagids provide me with a more consistent pedal feel throught a whole session than the KFP's do.

I will most likely swap out the Pagids for the winter / off season, but driving it around in this 50-ish degree climate that the Norhteast is presently enjoying, I have not had any stopping issues - they still stop on a dime. (but are they biting into my rotors -- that is the question...)

-Z-man.

Quick Reply: Brake pad recommendation