Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DAS rollbar installation help?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 10:19 PM
bnewport
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is too steep. I have one and ended up getting another bar (1.5" DOM) welded 3.5 inches higher than the Das harness bar. This works a treat. I have no idea which seat a bar as low as the stock one would work with, it's really low. Total cost to weld was 160 bucks.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:05 PM
NNH
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bnewport
It is too steep. I have one and ended up getting another bar (1.5" DOM) welded 3.5 inches higher than the Das harness bar. This works a treat. I have no idea which seat a bar as low as the stock one would work with, it's really low. Total cost to weld was 160 bucks.

I'll do that over the winter. An imperfect short term solution is to run the belts to the rear bar between the suspension mounts, which gets a good angle but is a little longer than I'd prefer.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:06 PM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

my apologies for the thread necromancy...

I'm in the process of doing this same thing- GT3 euro bucket seats and DAS Sport roll bar. I intend to retain the stock 3-point belts as well as schroth 6-points. Instead of the (uber-expensive) stock GT3 setup, I decided I would use the provided eye bolt on the outboard side for the lap belt, and a Rennline eye for the inboard side, and standard clip-in attachments for the lap belt.

This was all fine and dandy except for one important detail: The DAS sport floor adapter plates are held in by the eye bolts, and the eye bolts are too long to remove or install once the roll bar main hoop is installed on top of them. So once the eyebolts are in, they are in. This is an issue because the factory 3-point belt is held in by this eyebolt. So sure, you can secure the 3-point belt, and install the bar, and then install the GT3 seats. But then when you go to use the 3-point belt, there's no way to route the 3point belt through the lap hole and/or shoulder hole. I'm okay with not using the shoulder hole, but routing the stock 3-point over the side of the GT3 seat instead of through the lap belt holes seems wrong and feels like it won't fit me well.

Am I just being paranoid?
Old 12-09-2018, 09:25 PM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

actually now that I think about it...I don't think I ever used the lap belt holes for the 3 point belt? guys I am losing it
Old 12-10-2018, 03:57 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 709 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by knfeparty
my apologies for the thread necromancy...

I'm in the process of doing this same thing- GT3 euro bucket seats and DAS Sport roll bar. I intend to retain the stock 3-point belts as well as schroth 6-points. Instead of the (uber-expensive) stock GT3 setup, I decided I would use the provided eye bolt on the outboard side for the lap belt, and a Rennline eye for the inboard side, and standard clip-in attachments for the lap belt.

This was all fine and dandy except for one important detail: The DAS sport floor adapter plates are held in by the eye bolts, and the eye bolts are too long to remove or install once the roll bar main hoop is installed on top of them. So once the eyebolts are in, they are in. This is an issue because the factory 3-point belt is held in by this eyebolt. So sure, you can secure the 3-point belt, and install the bar, and then install the GT3 seats. But then when you go to use the 3-point belt, there's no way to route the 3point belt through the lap hole and/or shoulder hole. I'm okay with not using the shoulder hole, but routing the stock 3-point over the side of the GT3 seat instead of through the lap belt holes seems wrong and feels like it won't fit me well.

Am I just being paranoid?

IIRC, its been a long time ago, I didn't use the provided bolt to install the bottom front hoop on my 6GT3. I got a long 7/16 GR8 SAE thread bolt, cut off the hex head and threaded it for nuts, i.e. made a stud out of it. Used one nut to tighten up the roll bar and used a 2nd nut and lock washer to install the lap belt.

Peter
Old 12-13-2018, 02:56 PM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Received 422 Likes on 245 Posts

I did not remove seats.
We put the rear section in first then the loop.
Total time was 2 1/2 hours for my son and I, first time doing.
I had mine painted to match exterior color.

Quick Reply: DAS rollbar installation help?