Old 08-19-2006, 01:26 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Great Driving Shoes

If anyone is looking for a driving shoe that can be worn elsewhere, I thought to post my recommendation here. Great shoes, high quality and [I feel] a great, all-around shoe. Clarks shoes, Fixx model
Old 08-19-2006, 11:27 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

They look great Chris! Thanks for the link!
I've been wearing for the past 2 years all the time the Adidas Tuscany which is a fantastic driving shoe http://www.grandinettisport.com/Arti...IDARTICOLO=257 and for AutoX I use this Adidas model which I guess can also be used on DE as I dont want to wear my racing boots :http://www.grandinettisport.com/Arti...?IDARTICOLO=82
Old 08-19-2006, 03:25 PM
Willard Bridgham 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here, of course, is the New England driving shoe and, apart from not much pedal feel, are pretty good, especially on wet track days:

From LL Bean
Attached Images  
Old 08-20-2006, 03:11 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The next time your at a large sports warehouse, Jumbo, Academy come to mind, for DE shoes, check out some Adidas wrestling shoes. They look just like the super expensive driving shoes but are $60 and you feel everything.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:14 PM
JCP911S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I like Rebok black leather tennis shoes.

You want a shoe with a flat and hard sole for stable brake and heel and toe, high grip tread, but not an aggressive tread pattern that will catch on the pedals. This is ideal for driving.

Also, you want a shoe with good cushioning and support for running around the paddock all day.

These survive rainy conditions, running around all day and cost about $50.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:17 PM
mikew968
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

How are the Oakley's. The low cut version is on sale for $90.00

Mike
Old 07-06-2023, 10:48 AM
tomcruise
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey there! I've had the pleasure of using Piloti Driving Shoes for both everyday wear and driving, and I'd be happy to share my experience. In terms of comfort, Piloti shoes are top-notch. They provide excellent cushioning and support, making them ideal for long drives and extended periods of walking. The unique sole design offers good pedal grip, ensuring enhanced control and minimizing slippage even when the pedals are wet.
As for everyday wear, Piloti shoes strike a great balance between style and functionality. They have a sleek and sporty appearance that can easily transition from driving to casual weekend activities.

If you're seeking a comfortable driving/walking shoe, I highly recommend you sneaker double. They prioritize both comfort and performance, making them an excellent choice for your needs. Remember, it's always a good idea to try them on and see how they fit your feet, as personal preferences may vary. Happy driving and walking adventures!
Old 07-06-2023, 01:49 PM
nineball
Pro

Received 354 Likes on 245 Posts

i like my piloti shoes but would never wear them as a daily pair. they are bright orange and pink but they were closeouts in my size which is a miracle in itself (sz 13.5EEEE). they work just fine for walking around the paddock.
Old 07-06-2023, 04:15 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 290 Posts

Adidas original Stan Smiths forever

Quick Reply: Great Driving Shoes