Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well then, THERE is THE answer!
Old 07-18-2006, 10:42 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Colin thanks I agree with you and I'm still not under 2:30 at Sebring yet!!
Old 07-18-2006, 10:53 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Colin thanks I agree with you and I'm still not under 2:30 at Sebring yet!!
Old 07-18-2006, 11:57 PM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck Price
Are you camber limited? That, as well as the tire type, may be the cause of the delay between turn in and "set". Is your set up "loose"? With full stiff in the rear and soft in the front, I'd expect you to be able to spin pretty easily. Is that initial rear looseness the thing that is preventing you from getting on the gas in the middle of a turn, or is it understeer?
I agree with your conclusion and reasoning for not using tire pressures for tuning.
Hoosiers will probably get you a second or 2, at least for your best lap, but if the sessions are long, and the temp is high, you may overheat them if you tend to slide.
I know that the difference in being able to adjust compression and rebound (vs my PSS9 settings)helped me correct entry oversteer with one click, and I gained a second at Mid Ohio immediately. I gained another by dialing out exit oversteer, and was able to improve braking stability as well. "your results may vary" Also, the JIC Cross set up may also be as effective, as might PSS9s with different spring rates and shock revalving. I am using 600-800 lb springs, and the ride is not bad at all, even on the street, with the shocks softened. The PSS9s, I think, are around 250-400 lb.

38D...your avatar is...is....mesmorizing
Hey Chuck,

Camber is not the issue, I really think it is a combo of the rear shocks that are set on ???? setting and the wider rear track. Really I have to say the car is now as balanced as I have ever had it from front to rear, with a very slight tendency to understeer at midcorner, but really it is quite balanced on entry and exit. This might vary some depending on the speed and geometry of the corner (I seem to have a bit of entry oversteer at T9 at Summit). The problem IMO is the front being now too soft and I have to wait for it to set. When it does it bites pretty well…hopefully that makes sense. I guess I need to have someone drive my car at speed for another opinion as my car is the only one I know and have driven on track (besides a few students at 5/10ths). My mechanic (also great racer) Ivan drove it before my last alignment and it was quite different then so his comments then are now not applicable.

Two seconds w/ Hoosiers would be sweeeeeeeeeeet!

Thanks,

Jim
Old 07-19-2006, 12:00 AM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

SimonExtreme,

Interesting read. I think I need to ride in someone's 964 w/ these different shocks. My car is still getting around the track ok so I have time to figure this out.

Quick Reply: Moton/JRZ Vs. Bilstein RSR