Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Price of useds Victoracer Kumho's?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 08:44 AM
hinchcliffe
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Price of useds Victoracer Kumho's?

I'm looking at replacing a set of wheels on my car, but the wheels would come with victoracers with 3 heat cycles on them. I'd like to sell the tires and keep the rims. The rims are Mille Miglia Cup I (Knock-off's). Any idea what I should sell the tires for? Not sure what they are worth used, kind-of a toss-up?

245/40/17 (2)
275/40/17 (2)
Old 07-13-2006, 09:33 AM
jaydubya
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi - are you sure that the front tires are not 245-45-17, rather than 245-40-17? I don't think the victoracer comes in a 245-40-17.

Price would depend on the amount of tread left. The victoracers don't lose grip with heat cycles, but depending on who drove them and how they were driven, it's hard to say how used up they are from three track sessions.

You may be able to get more $ selling them locally versus shipping. For instance, it would cost over $100 to ship 4 tires out west, which would affect what a seller was willing to pay.

Assuming that they have 75% tread left and they are not really old (when were they purchased?), I'd shoot for $100 each for a local sale.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:11 AM
Bill L Seifert
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Victorracers do not come in 245-40-17. The bad thing about buying used race tires is that it costs the same thing to ship and mount used tires as it does new ones. Because you have to mount used more often, it really doesn't save you money unless you get them real cheap. Those tires cost $155 and $188 respectively, $100 ain't that cheap, IMHO.

Why don't you run some DE's with them and use them yourself. They aren't that bad in Autocross competition either, so you could use them there also.

You may get lucky locally, who knows. At least NY is a hotbed of racing activity.
Bill Seifert

1987 944 Race Car
Old 07-13-2006, 02:17 PM
hinchcliffe
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Problems is I don't have the money to buy both the rims and tires. If I had a sale of the tires and money in hand for the wheels I would buy them and ship the tires. He is willing to sell the rims without tires, but if I could have someone ready to buy the tires from him he may reduce the price. He owns a shop so dismounting the tires is nothing for him.

Turns out the tire are 245/45, my typing error. But he also has (2) brand new 245/45 that would go with the the set. SO that's 4 used and two new. I have to see if the wheels would actually fit my car first and then negoiate the price.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:21 PM
jaydubya
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Curt - pm'd you back about the tires.

Quick Reply: Price of useds Victoracer Kumho's?