24 Hr Le Mans Panoz wins GT2?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 08:23 PM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JCP911S
I think the Panoz win is great... an American made sports car wins a major international race without GM sized $$$ behind them... all power to them. As much as I like Porsches, I like competitive racing better.

Basically the Panoz won by running consistently, having no problems and having the fewest pit stops... a blueprint for success at LeMans... lets give these guys the credit due...
I agree.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:39 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JCP911S
Basically the Panoz won by running consistently, having no problems and having the fewest pit stops... a blueprint for success at LeMans... lets give these guys the credit due...
I grew up watching another car company do the same exact thing, a company that all but "patented" that design for success at Le Mans. And I continued to watch them do so from when I bought my first used Porsche at 19 years old until recently....with very few lapses along the way. I miss that company Named Porsche every now and then.....
Old 06-19-2006, 09:11 PM
kingleh
Burning Brakes

Received 67 Likes on 17 Posts

ok.. so the base of the hsifter broke.... they got it into 2nd gear.... but on the way to the pits it popped out... then they had trouble gettin shifter off....

but they said definatly a invitation for next year.... so expect the guys back with full force in 2007
Old 06-20-2006, 11:30 AM
JCP911S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by kingleh
ok.. so the base of the hsifter broke.... they got it into 2nd gear.... but on the way to the pits it popped out... then they had trouble gettin shifter off....

but they said definatly a invitation for next year.... so expect the guys back with full force in 2007

When I think of all the *&%#%*$#% things that can go wrong in a 30 minute sprint race, I think its a miracle that ANY of these cars can finish this race...

Quick Reply: 24 Hr Le Mans Panoz wins GT2?