Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally sending in my Competition license app!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 10:08 AM
JCP911S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The thing about racing, on top of the higher overall level of intensity and driving skill is that you are competing directly against equal (or "equal") cars. Provides a real-world test of your driving skills and no excuses... prepare to be humbled... but it does provide a huge incentive to push yourself to the next level... and the next level... and then the next level.... and then....
Old 06-19-2006, 09:03 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RICHVIZZ951
Gary

Congrats, glad you chose to jump in. As 38D explains (and i agree), you can only reach a certain level at DE's. They are a Must, But in order to get above that level racing is the only way. In a DE when you know you are faster than everyone, you tend to drive slower, and develop bad habits.
Agreed. Once you think you're fast at DE, try racing. I drove DE for 11 years and instructed for six of those before jumping over to racing. My driving improvement was almost instantaneous (started using skills I didn't know I had developed over those years!). I changed cars and classes in my 2nd year, partially, so that I could learn from some of the best racers in PCA, too. So if you are into learning and want to be the best you can, you owe it to yourself to jump into racing after you have developed your skills in DE.

Quick Reply: Finally sending in my Competition license app!