Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Cup Dyno Results - need feedback

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006 | 01:29 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Well after WGI I am not as concerned. The car did not have trouble keeping up with other GTC3 cars on the straights.

The GTA cars on the other hand holy cow. Lehs car and Norm Johnsons car "are all eat up with motor" as they say down heah in Charlotte.

I made a good run on Norms car coming up the hill out of the toe of the boot.... his car pulled so hard I thought I was in 5th and not 3rd!
Old 06-14-2006 | 02:46 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

interesting. with the close gears, you only need to shift at 7500rpm to keep your HP in the 300+ range. good news is, if you can get it to breath better, you may get some bigger punch up top.

Here is a an '04 GT3 cup car vs GT3 street car dyno.

I wouldnt worry too much about comparisons of mustang vs dyno jet. ive done a few of them and maybe there could be a 5hp variance. I usually compare corrected and uncorrected as well. from what ive seen and heard, the 2000cup cars are right at that range where you are 335rwhp. the newer ones are in the 370rwhp range , with the speed gt motors putting out 410+rwhp.

MK

Originally Posted by RSRRacer
Hello to everyone. I have a 2000 Cup Car which posted the following results on a DynoJet post rebuild in late 2005.

Would simply like some comments about where you think these numbers are versus other 2000 and also 2004-05 cars?

RWPH: 331
TQ: 254

Dyno sheet attached
Attached Images  
Old 06-15-2006 | 01:38 AM
Glen
Race Car

Originally Posted by analogmike
seems low to me, compared to what Glen has told me an early engine makes. I hope you bring THAT engine this weekend

Actually I posted this 6 months ago. Seems consistent with current findings.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...highlight=dyno

Sounds like WG was awesome, I need to run that one someday!
Best!
G

Quick Reply: GT3 Cup Dyno Results - need feedback