Torsion bars...

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006 | 09:33 AM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey;

That top cap pops off pretty easy with an air chisel. Yes, it is easier from inside the cabin, but you then have to do something to cover the hole in the firewall. That is not so difficult unless you then also have tubes to go around.

Old 05-30-2006 | 03:37 PM
JCP911S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Bigger sways are not entirely without effect.... the do reduce roll. In addition at many of the tracks we run at LRP, Sumit Point, Pocono, etc, there are alot of bumps and broken surfaces.... plus we frequently run over curbing, so super stiff springs are not an unmixed blessing, as they can break the car loose over bumps.

Body roll is not necessarity a killer either... the car can stick with some body roll.... however body roll can cause undesirably large change in suspension geometry as the range of motion of the suspension comonents is wider... and also slows weight transfer, causing more time in transiensts so the car is not quite as responsive.

Eveyhting is a trade-off there is really no one "right" setup... really depends on the car and the track and even the driving style.
Old 05-30-2006 | 09:32 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a trade off, but I want my car to handle like the cup car behind mine in the picture below...

I'm leaning and have tires almost off the ground and he looks like he's on rails.

I know, I know, it's never going to happen.

Originally Posted by JCP911S
Bigger sways are not entirely without effect.... the do reduce roll. In addition at many of the tracks we run at LRP, Sumit Point, Pocono, etc, there are alot of bumps and broken surfaces.... plus we frequently run over curbing, so super stiff springs are not an unmixed blessing, as they can break the car loose over bumps.

Body roll is not necessarity a killer either... the car can stick with some body roll.... however body roll can cause undesirably large change in suspension geometry as the range of motion of the suspension comonents is wider... and also slows weight transfer, causing more time in transiensts so the car is not quite as responsive.

Eveyhting is a trade-off there is really no one "right" setup... really depends on the car and the track and even the driving style.
Attached Images  
Old 05-30-2006 | 09:56 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, but you passed him right before you turned in and are going at least 50mph faster than him at that particular point. So he's not leaning because he's doing 35, and you are doing 85-95...

Brian
Old 05-30-2006 | 10:32 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually, I was towing him.... LOL

Originally Posted by BrianKeithSmith
Yeah, but you passed him right before you turned in and are going at least 50mph faster than him at that particular point. So he's not leaning because he's doing 35, and you are doing 85-95...

Brian

Quick Reply: Torsion bars...