Sponsored by:

Silver State write-up

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 06:56 PM
NNH
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silver State write-up

Hopefully I'm not commiting a major sin by crossposting, but if anybody is interested I've put a write-up of my experience at last weekend's Silver State Classic in the 996 forum, here
Old 05-25-2006, 04:05 PM
Bill L Seifert
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NNH

I read your write up, and you did a great job. Why don't you try to get it published in Grassroots magazine, along with some pictures. Also,where can I get the rules for the event?

By the way, I am sure you know, but Grassroots magazine is in Ormond Beach, Fla, right next to Daytona, and I'll bet if you call them, they will be receptive to your story.

Bill Seifert

1983 944 Race Car
Old 05-25-2006, 05:40 PM
NNH
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill L Seifert
NNH

I read your write up, and you did a great job. Why don't you try to get it published in Grassroots magazine, along with some pictures. Also,where can I get the rules for the event?

By the way, I am sure you know, but Grassroots magazine is in Ormond Beach, Fla, right next to Daytona, and I'll bet if you call them, they will be receptive to your story.

Bill Seifert

1983 944 Race Car

Thanks for the pointer, Bill. Is that the same as Grassroots Motorsport magazine? Rules are at www.silverstateclassic.com . I've summarised the basic safety requirements in one of my replies in the other thread, but obviously the official rulebook is the right place to go. I hope you'll consider coming along in September. I had a fantastic time, and I can't wait for the next event!
Simon
Old 05-25-2006, 05:47 PM
Bill L Seifert
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah that's what I meant, Grassroots Motorsports Magazine. I'd try Tim Suddard-tim@grassrootsmotorsports.com He's the MMFIC. You might be able to cal him at 800-520-8292.

My car is too much of a race car. I would like to build a 944 Turbo for next year.

Bill
Old 05-25-2006, 06:06 PM
Richard S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 76 Posts

Simon, great to see you had such a good time at your first ORR. Tim and Cheryl Dey were there in their 928 S4. Check out thier write-up in the 928 forum. http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforu...ad.php?t=275022

These events are awesome. I've done several with MKM. Essentially the same type of event as the Silver State. Their website is www.openroadracing.com Upcoming events are the Bonneville 100 in July and Pony Express in August. We usually have 8-12 Porsches at the MKM events, and new participants are always welcome to join us on Team Porsche.

If you have any questions, just let me know. I would be happy to help anyone get started.

Rich

Quick Reply: Silver State write-up