PCA CLASS QUESTION?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 12:32 AM
Depape
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCA CLASS QUESTION?!?!?!

hey rennlist,
this is my first post, of hopefully many............
ok well im kinda new to PCA club racing, i have done a couple of F class races in my '87 911 cabrio, but im about to start up again with my 944 turbo s...(which i want to mod slightly, and not get outclassed). but i dont totally understand the "prepared" classifications... let me see if i got this right

-The "prepared" stock class moves up one class no matter how many mods you do (aslong as they fall under prepared)...unless noted to move up TWO classes, such as MAF. am i correct. just wanna make sure i got that right.... so i can mod everything listed in the "prepared" and still only move up one class ...(as long as it dosnt say two classes )

-Also i have heard (and experineced) that PCA is very lenient on there stock modifications. my 911 is still in its original stock i have a performance camshaft, and chip and other mods that should be considered "prepared"....(just wanted to know if PCA is this lenient with you guys too)....what i really want to know is does a new waste gate and boost controller allowed (will they let me stay in my stock class on my 944) or will i have to move up a class.

-last question/statement....how lenient is PCA?!?!?! haha

ok hope to hear from you guys soon, and THanks ALOt in advanced!!!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2006, 08:45 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 797 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by Depape
-The "prepared" stock class moves up one class no matter how many mods you do (aslong as they fall under prepared)...unless noted to move up TWO classes, such as MAF. am i correct. just wanna make sure i got that right.... so i can mod everything listed in the "prepared" and still only move up one class ...(as long as it dosnt say two classes )
Correct.

Originally Posted by Depape
-Also i have heard (and experineced) that PCA is very lenient on there stock modifications. my 911 is still in its original stock i have a performance camshaft, and chip and other mods that should be considered "prepared"....(just wanted to know if PCA is this lenient with you guys too)....what i really want to know is does a new waste gate and boost controller allowed (will they let me stay in my stock class on my 944) or will i have to move up a class.
Cams are a GT only mod and are never legal in stock or prepared. A chip is a prepared modification. If you race in a stock or prepared class with cams, you are braking the rules and can recieve a 13 for cheating. You absolutely cannot change the wastegate nor the boost controller and stay in stock or prepared. I am not sure I would classify PCA as "lenient", just that they expect everyone to play honestly. You are responsible for classing your car. You probably won't get protested unless you win, but that still doesn't make it right.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:16 PM
JCP911S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Typically, PCA is "lenient" in that if you don't podium, or recieve a challenge from another driver... which you generally won't if there is not a podium position at stake....you will not be scrutinized.

If you do get teched, the scruts typically apply the rules pretty tightly, so do not expect to shrug your way out of any illegal mod that would reaonsably result in a performance gain. A camshaft would definately fit into this catagory

minor infractions that would not generally improve performance are noted in the logbook for correction at the next race... missing interior parts and the like...
Old 05-09-2006, 12:16 PM
JR944
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Very well said Colin!

I'd keep the 944TS in Stock configuration and run it in E. It's very competitive there and you can spend your money on suspension goodies. Compared to your '87 Carrera, it should be fast enough there to keep you interested for a while.

If progressed to D you have to compete w/US Carrera Cup/RSA's that are 230lbs lighter and make at least 275hp.

Joe
Old 05-09-2006, 11:42 PM
Depape
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah im def going to keep the 944 in class E.....but are there anyperformance upgrades i can do??? besides exhaust and airfliter????
and im pretty sure stripping your interior or losing weight (cars weight) isnt legal either??
Old 05-09-2006, 11:53 PM
Matt Marks
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Depape,

You can pull your interior out race PCA SP3 class and in the Supercup class of 944 Cup. You will likely be racing in the same race group at most PCA races with the E and F cars - so there will be lots of people to race with.

SP3/Supercup allows some additional mods (such as chips, but stock boost required) in exchange for a weight penalty. The 944 cup Southeast chapter is right in your back yard, and runs a 7 weekend/14 race season with a regional and national championship. Most tracks will be within an 8 hour tow from you.

The series website is at www.44cup.com - lots of good info on what mods you can make and rules, etc.

Quick Reply: PCA CLASS QUESTION?!?!?!