Seat material: Aluminum vs. Composite

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 09:33 AM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey;

The one "problem" I have had with the Kirkey road racing seats is that they only offer a 20 degree layback option. I have had great difficulty getting an optimal position for some drivers (long legs) in some cars, myself included. I find that a 10 degree seat works much better for difficult fitments, and just fine overall. Plus, an upright seat position is "safer" to start with. I actually reworked my RR Deluxe into a 10 degree because it simply didn't work as a 20.

I talked to them about offering a 10 degree, but they essentially blew me off. Since the guy admitted that they didn't know much about road racing, I find that a little surprising. I also find it a bit bizarre that the only seats they do not offer an angle choice on are the road race models.

At the risk of making people mad... again, I'll leave it at that. I can go into greater detail about this "problem" if anyone is looking at the Kirkey product and is interested. Just trying to be helpful.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:43 PM
onasled
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually the 5300 is 15 degree. I also like a very upright position and believe it's the way to go in sedan racing. The 5300 is perfectly fine.
I've sat in a ton of different seats with the exception of the Racetecks. Not one has felt a secure, and comfortable as my 5300. Being that the seat is almost custom built to my body is a big plus. You just can't get that in plastic seats. The way I look at it at this point is that I sit on all of the plastic seats, but I sit in the 5300.

Quick Reply: Seat material: Aluminum vs. Composite