Sponsored by:

new atc trailer

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 01:46 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mitch236
Dually's mainly increase bed capacity and not are intended to enhance stability. Chassis length will help stability.
Now a 5th wheel really helps with stability and the dually's look so cool!
Mitch I politely disagree. Dually's obviously put a lot more rubber down across the rear which has to equate to increased stability, especially if you ever have a flat back there. Additionally, they have massive springs which definitely increases stability. I can swerve at speed without feeling like I'm going to flip on the rebound. Also, tongue weight is almost directly supported by the rear tires and certainly the extra rubber spreads that load expotentially. I do agree that goosenecks are the safest and keep the wind resistance down since they tuck-in behind the cab.....
Old 03-14-2006, 11:28 PM
KRA993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope all works out. I have been problem free with my ATC. I don't tow with a dually but have no stability problems at all. Compared to pulling an equally sized Hallmark it is night and day. Enjoy.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:37 PM
mikew968
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

The trailer got here at 4:00 and it is everything I thought and expected it to be. The inside is awesome even though it is not nearly as fancy as some are. The 12v battery with 12v spots for loading and 12v florescence lights are great. It loads well and tows great. I trailered my 968 in it tonight about 50 miles and all when well. The winds move the Touareg around a bit but that is to be expected with a smaller tow vehical. I feel apart from the wind it tows much better than the other 20' flat nose steel trailers I have towed with. ATC did a good job remeding a problem and Advantage trailer has been nothing but great to deal with. I would recommend both highly!!

Thanks, Mike
Old 03-15-2006, 11:19 AM
MrOffshore
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Aluminum Trailer Company

Mike, my name is Rich Schnippel and I learned yesterday about your problem, I want to let you know how sorry we are for sending you the incorrect trailer, I am certain it came as an unpleasant surprise. I am glad to see that everything is corrected and that you are happy with your trailer. If there is ever anything I can do to make your ATC experience better, please don't hesitate to call me anytime. I can be reached toll free at 877-441-2440 ext. 104. As always, thank you for your business!

Rich
Old 03-16-2006, 05:28 PM
mikew968
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Rich:

Your folks handled the problem completely to my satisfaction. The fact that they were going to make it "right" was communicated immediately. I had the correct trailer within 22 hrs of knowing there was an issue.

Thanks for a very nice trailer and great support,

Mike Ward
Old 03-16-2006, 06:26 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rich,

Welcome to Rennlist & glad to see you're a member!!

Rick

Quick Reply: new atc trailer