Sponsored by:

new atc trailer

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 08:46 PM
mikew968
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
Default new atc trailer

I ordered my new ATC trailer and waited for 2 months for it to be done. They called, I wired the money and sent one of my employees to get it and awaited his return. 500 miles later and 10 hrs later he pulls into the drive with the....................................WRONG TRAILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can a company build a custom trailer and send the wrong one out with the driver? I know...stuff happens.

I guess we'll see how they want to fix this tomorrow.

Mike
Old 03-13-2006, 08:53 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

I feel your pain. About 5 years ago I ordered a custom motorcycle trailer for my race bikes. Six months later I took the 3rd trailer that was sent, which still did not have the options correct. I only took the thing because of the substantial discount due to their screwups!
Old 03-13-2006, 09:03 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Ask them to send one of their trucks/drivers to deliver yours and retrieve the incorrect one.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:25 PM
Boulder GT3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikew968
I ordered my new ATC trailer and waited for 2 months for it to be done. They called, I wired the money and sent one of my employees to get it and awaited his return. 500 miles later and 10 hrs later he pulls into the drive with the....................................WRONG TRAILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can a company build a custom trailer and send the wrong one out with the driver? I know...stuff happens.

I guess we'll see how they want to fix this tomorrow.

Mike
Keep us posted on how you like the ATC. They seem to be about 900lbs lighter than a comparable Haulmark. I'm going to sell my 20' enclosed to get a 26' and ATC looks great on paper.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:27 PM
mikew968
Rennlist Member

I will let you know how it turns out and how I like it. They will either have to send their driver out or pay me what they would have charged me to deliver it.

Mike
Old 03-13-2006, 09:37 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is the second wrong trailer delivery that I have heard of in a total of .....2 deliveries from ATC! Nice to know that their atention to detail is non-existant....
Old 03-13-2006, 10:18 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Once they got me the right one, I've been happy with it. The attention to detail of the construction itself seems excellent.

Bob, weren't you recently complaining on another board about things being black/white? "Non-existant" from two references?
Old 03-13-2006, 11:23 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

I have mine and love it., Got it right the first time, attention to detail is second to none. No problems with it. All according to my picky specs.

Tow it with a 5.3 avalanche 2wd. No need for a dually....
Old 03-14-2006, 01:01 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Juan Lopez
Tow it with a 5.3 avalanche 2wd. No need for a dually....
Right.... Until some bitch in a Range Rover, smoking cigarettes and talking on her cell decides to change lanes right on top of your *** and sends you off to swim with the gators... Sorry, small trucks don't cut it when towing. Of course you won't know that until you really need that dually.....
Old 03-14-2006, 10:49 AM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

JR, I appreciate your view on this and you are right, I won't know until its too late. My truck has a long chassis that helps what it lacks (I think) is pulling power to go at the ridiculous speeds that most guys seem to like to tow at... Not that I'm interested in doing that either...

Wouldn't it be more of a factor of chassis length/strength than dual rears???

I appreciate your feedback. I only do this for fun and do not fancy swimming with gators......
Old 03-14-2006, 11:07 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dually's mainly increase bed capacity and not are intended to enhance stability. Chassis length will help stability.

Now a 5th wheel really helps with stability and the dually's look so cool!
Old 03-14-2006, 11:26 AM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I trust you've already called ATC...what do they say?

If you haven't called them, I would call Rich Schnippel @ ATC (number on their web site) - I've dealt with him extensively and can assure you he's customer focused & will help straighten this out for you.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:00 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mitch236
Dually's mainly increase bed capacity and not are intended to enhance stability. Chassis length will help stability.

Now a 5th wheel really helps with stability and the dually's look so cool!
That's what i thought Mitch but JR implies differently. Not being a truck expert I want to learn what is right as I don't want to swim with gators...

Duallies look cool but with all the cars I have, I must have a truck I can drive to work daily and receive clients when they visit. The Avalanche helps on that as I'm a CPA and not a contractor....
Old 03-14-2006, 01:16 PM
mikew968
Rennlist Member

I called ATC at 6:30 am ct and got a call back within 1 hour. They made no excuses, apologized for the mistake, and immediately agreed to have the correct trailer delivered to me at their expense with their transport company. I could not have asked for more. I should have the trailer by about 4 pm et today and will report back on the trailer tonight.

Mike
Old 03-14-2006, 01:18 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's the kind of service I expected from ATC...anyone can make mistakes but it's how one deals with them that determines how commited someone is to customer service. ATC will not disappoint you.

Enjoy your trailer!! I have an ATC and love it.

Cheers,

Rick

Quick Reply: new atc trailer