Sponsored by:

Finally bought a diff - adios to the spool

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 05:25 AM
ngoldrich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Carreracup21 - I did see that, even in the car is not fully sorted, I know Cory will be extremely fast in the car...

By the way, I hate to admit it, but in all the excitement at Sebring, even though we ate lunch together, I forgot your name...

I'll say it 3 times to remember it this time

Norm
Old 03-05-2006, 10:12 AM
coryf
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by carreracup21
Hey Norm, I hear there is another interesting GT1R entry at Road Atlanta that might be quick. Cory Friedman at Autometrics has been working on a GT3RS platform with a twin turbo 996 engine. It's still early in development, but should be ready to go at Atlanta. As you know Cory is a very fast driver too.

We are trying to get the car finished up so we can do some pre-testing before road atlanta. I don't know how fast the car will be though, couldn't get the big tires we wanted to on it with all the turbo plumbing. It made decent power on the engine dyno but not huge hp like most of the turbo guys. Its going to the chassis dyno Monday so we will see how much hp was lost through the drivetrain.

BTW: Bill, do you need a co-driver for the enduro?
Old 03-05-2006, 10:43 AM
Oddjob
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

Norm,

Did your car come out of MN?

I know of a black 993 bodied (tub was a 90 C2 I recall) GT1R car #04, that was built by Kelly Moss with a Holcomb engine that was sold probably a couple years ago? It was a copy of the KMR World Challenge 911 Turbos from the '94 SCCA season. But Im sure it had various upgrades since it was built.

Absolutely awsome car. I remember hearing some big bhp figures talked about (with the wick dialed all the way up). Its lap times at BIR are still 3 seconds faster than any GT3RS or GT3 Cups that have run there.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:46 AM
Rick DeMan
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 649 Likes on 203 Posts

Hi All,

Some very exciting stuff going on here...! I can honestly say I'm kind of happy to be out of GT1 with all the monster cars coming out. I would have had to mortgage my house to keep up with it all!!!

I'll be running in GT5 this year, for now...till I figure out where I want to go.. Anyone up for slowing down a few notches.....I'm throwing down the gauntlet....! Come on...bring it on..!

Rick DeMan

DeMan Motorsport
Upper Nyack, NY
845 727 3070
Porsche Sales & Service
Porsche Race services and parts
www.DeManMotorsport.com
Old 03-05-2006, 11:43 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 797 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by coryf
Bill, do you need a co-driver for the enduro?
No ringers in D enduros!

Originally Posted by Rick DeMan
I'll be running in GT5 this year, for now...till I figure out where I want to go.. Anyone up for slowing down a few notches.....I'm throwing down the gauntlet....! Come on...bring it on..!
D is normally pretty close to GT5, so hopefully we'll see each other out there.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:43 PM
carreracup21
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BTW: Bill, do you need a co-driver for the enduro?
Yeah, the seat is yours if you want it It was hooked up at Sebring !! Leh had a nice 2nd yesterday. Did you see that fight with JC France, I laughed pretty hard at that one.

Bill Martin
Old 03-05-2006, 02:18 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick DeMan
I can honestly say I'm kind of happy to be out of GT1 with all the monster cars coming out.
Anyone else here NOT believe that??? I give Dr. Franken-Rick 'till mid season before he's fabricating another monster 996 cup twin turbo, the likes of which have never been seen before....the guy's an evil scientist...just take a look at the 2.1 twin turbos he built for GT4....scary is not the word....yikes!
Old 03-06-2006, 09:13 AM
coryf
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by carreracup21
Yeah, the seat is yours if you want it It was hooked up at Sebring !! Leh had a nice 2nd yesterday. Did you see that fight with JC France, I laughed pretty hard at that one.

Bill Martin
Cool! Looking forward to it.

Yeah Leh had a good run, they finally had some good luck with a wave by that pretty much locked it in for them.

Haven't seen the fight footage yet, now we know for sure that Grand-Am is trying to be the road racing version of nascar.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:47 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haven't seen the fight footage yet, now we know for sure that Grand-Am is trying to be the road racing version of nascar.
Anything that will promote sports car racing that allows some technology is a good thing, whether or not Nascar has their fingers in it. Personally, I like the fact that they can drive aggressively and can rub a little and the cars don't fall apart. And that Saturday Night time slot on Speed was great.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 03-06-2006, 11:09 PM
carreracup21
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought it was an entertaining race. Those guys got a little hot under the collar, but I doubt any real harm was done. Grand-Am will toss out some light fines or suspensions. The Mexican fans looked like they were enjoying the action, and it certainly makes for good testosterone filled TV highlights.

Quick Reply: Finally bought a diff - adios to the spool