Porsche Motorsport books.... ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 11:00 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
I suppose it is like finding pictures/video of one's girlfriend/wife with the man/men that came before...
But when I look at the car pictures I think "Hey, I want to do that too!"
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 02-25-2006, 01:14 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Yeah, some of the pictures of cup cars in this new book shows them bouncing all over the place. Rarely did they have more than 3 wheels touching the track. Would you have bought your cars if you knew what really happened to them?
As long as there was no significant tub damage, yeah, I would still have purchased. I know for a fact (books plus video) that my Cup has a new front bumper, hood, fender, and rear bumper.

The history aspect is very important to me. In the German Carrera Cup, the car I purchased was a midpack car in 1992; finished 6th in 1993; and driven by Sandro Angelastri, won the Italian Carrera Cup Championship (Carrera Alpenpokal) in 1992. My car has seen track time at Nurburgring, Spa, Monza,Hockenheim,Zolder,Brunn, and numerous track in Italy.

I could have easliy purchased a significantly less expensive RSA or purpose built race car here, but wanted the piece of Porsche Motorsport history. The factory obviously knows what it is doing. I have already had offers for my car significantly higher than the purchase price 2 years ago. The car is definitely a keeper.
Old 02-25-2006, 03:32 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by K964
I could have easliy purchased a significantly less expensive RSA or purpose built race car here, but wanted the piece of Porsche Motorsport history. The factory obviously knows what it is doing. I have already had offers for my car significantly higher than the purchase price 2 years ago. The car is definitely a keeper.
No arguement here. I wish that I could have found such a car for a reasonable price, but it wasn't meant to be, and truthfully, I don't think that I want to race such a valuable car. Anyway, I see my car as a 3 or 4 year stop-gap till the time that I decide to buy a wet cup.
Old 02-25-2006, 05:54 PM
9-kevin-11
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to see you got a copy of the '93 book Charlie... I sooo wanted to bid against you for it, and the '94 book, but I couldn't bring myself to do it!!!
Old 02-25-2006, 10:59 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 9-kevin-11
Glad to see you got a copy of the '93 book Charlie... I sooo wanted to bid against you for it, and the '94 book, but I couldn't bring myself to do it!!!
I lost the '94 auction and spent a small fortune on the '93 book. Some guy from England bid it up and then emailed with a "So, why do you want this book?" and I told him. His reply after that was "Oh, sorry I bid it up."

Anyway, it'll be fun to have.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:09 PM
JC in NY
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen new copies of the early Porsche Sport books sold for a couple hundred bucks, so you got a decent price.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:14 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JC in NY
I have seen new copies of the early Porsche Sport books sold for a couple hundred bucks, so you got a decent price.
Thanks for that. I would feel better if that price was in $ and not Pounds Sterling.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:03 PM
9-kevin-11
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I probably would have gone higher than you - but I wasn't going to go against another RL'er... Hope you like the '93 book, and maybe somebody will put up a pair of '94 books soon!

Quick Reply: Porsche Motorsport books.... ?