Sponsored by:

Blaszak control arms opinions wanted

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 10:06 PM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Blaszak control arms opinions wanted

I'm reposting this from the 944 tech forum since maybe some of you racers have used these control arms.

I'm considering the Blaszak tubular steel racing control arms. Anyone have opinions either good, bad, or indifferent? They seem like a great upgrade at a more reasonable price than some of the other options out there.

Anyone have these? And what are your thoughts? Thanks!
Old 01-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,046 Likes on 538 Posts

Is he still using ERW tubing? You might want to check on the grade, 1008, 1010 or 1020. 1010 has a nasty habit of forming hook cracks in the weld due to caster issues (not your suspension setting).

I bought a set and returned them because the mill that produced the tube had a twist in their setup. The weld rotated from the flat to the OD of the corner of the square section. That is not a good place for an ERW weld. The ones I recieved were not painted so I could see the welds.

Good news is that there was no problem with the return.
Old 01-01-2006, 06:53 PM
Racerrob
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I have had them on my car for about 3 years with no issues. Much more economical than the other well known arms and they have replaceable ball joints. Markus is a good guy and knows his stuff.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:39 AM
f1rocks
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you called Markus yet? Great guy to talk to.

They are a solid econmical replacement and give you the additional strength needed. I have been very please with mine.

You do have the capability of changing suspension settings well beyond stock so when you get the car aligned, make sure they maintain the stock range though. Assuming you are staying in stock class
Old 01-02-2006, 11:09 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to hijack this thread, but...

What is the cost for a pair of these? I am upgrading my suspension on my 944S2 DE car from stock to something more track worthy. I replaced the A-arms in my car with stock units a couple of years ago, and wonder if it would be prudent to go with a more robust aftermarket A-arm like the Charlie Arms, Kokeln's, or Blaszak's.

Or, could I go a year on my current A-arms and replace them at the end of the season, thus spreading out the cost over a greater time...

-Z-man.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:52 AM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No problem, Z-man. Cost is $1175 for the set (includes the spherical bushings), plus $300 for the caster blocks. That's $1475 complete, as opposed to other after market arms which start around $1600 WITHOUT bushings and caster blocks.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:13 PM
f1rocks
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What I really liked about these or any of the upgraded arms is getting all the rubber out of there. They just feel better when turning in. Feels precise every corner every time.

The Blaszak's aren't as elegant but they perform well.

Quick Reply: Blaszak control arms opinions wanted