HANS - Installation Pics - Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005 | 06:41 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by gbaker
Danny,

It has nothing to do with money. In fact, we've already paid for and passed the "SFI" test--with flying colors I might add. Probably set a world's record in head load reduction.

We've been written out of the spec.

The specs are written to support SFI member manufacturers. HANS is a member and we are not.
Gary, the last sentence tells me it had EVERYTHING to do with money! But, I get, and support, your point!
Old 11-29-2005 | 06:51 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Section 2.5 of SFI Specification 38.1 applies only to Isaac systems, and it is the only section in 38.1 that relates to design rather than performance. It states that the design must not require any additional disconnect for release.

While presented as a "safety" issue regarding emergency egress, it is actually an old wives tale left over from the last millennium. We decided against this years ago. The fact is that the only H&N restraints that have ever trapped drivers in cars are those that meet Section 2.5.

(We have done extensive testing on this subject over the past year. The results will be available soon.)

This is the only reason Isaac systems are not SFI certified. It has nothing to do with crash sled performance, where, BTW, we kick massive quantities of posterior.
Thanks for the explanation... NOW I get it...That is outrageous... Ok... so I'll jump on the bandwagon then in protest
Good luck, I hope something good comes out of this... Damn 800 pound Gorilla...

Hey...now that I think of it... Dont the safety harnesses require a release? How about the window nets? What kind of logic is that?
Old 11-29-2005 | 07:47 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by DJF1
What kind of logic is that?
Gorillas don't understand nor care about logic.
Old 11-29-2005 | 08:07 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Welcome aboard, Gents;

The more you know - and I'm learning like you - the more you like what headrestraint.org hopes to accomplish.
Old 11-30-2005 | 02:53 AM
Geo
Race Director

The specs are written to support SFI member manufacturers. HANS is a member and we are not.
Grrr......

As I've said before, SFI CANNOT be trusted.
Old 12-05-2005 | 12:26 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Geo
Grrr......
As I've said before, SFI CANNOT be trusted.
Next season, my son will be required to wear a certified SFI 20.1 chest/rib protector for karting. Same story as 38.1.

Quick Reply: HANS - Installation Pics - Opinions