PRI 2005 - Who's goin?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 08:14 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PRI 2005 - Who's goin?

I'll be there, my wife and I are leaving tomorrow morning, gonna do the theme park thing for the first part of the week, then the show at the end of the week.

Who's goin besides me?

Brian
Old 11-25-2005, 09:47 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be there. Have a raft of TrackVision meetings, but we should find a way to meet up. If itws anything kike Indy last year, its a sea of humanity. Almost impossible to 'run into people', except in the literal sense.

PM your cell number, and I'll send mine as well.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:48 PM
Stuttgart
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts

I'll be there, Performance Friction booth 2731. Do you guys know of any good restaurants in the area?
Old 11-26-2005, 03:48 AM
ngoldrich
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have gone for the last 4 years, but unfortunately I will still be out of town. Let us know how it goes...

Thx,
Norm
Old 11-26-2005, 06:40 PM
James Achard
Pro

I'll be there too. Phil, I'll plan on swinging by your booth! PM me for contact info.

James
Old 12-02-2005, 06:44 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

PRI was bigger and better than ever. Aside from a great day for TrackVision, there were some additional highlights:

- Was introduced to Bob Varsha, and had a good chat about his experiences covering F1 since 1987, and what's coming up next year. He was clearly please to hear how so many of us racers and track rats truly appreciated the depth of knowledge and smart coverage that he, Hobbs and Matchett provide.

- Met Andy Lally, Darren Law....

- Was blown away by CDOC's presence and the quality of the operation. Colin D has created a world class business. Great thet CDOC is a Rennlist sponsor.

- Met up with BKS twice - wont tell you where, but lets just say we were in some weird biological synch.

Great show. Heard some complaints from the midwest guys about the Florida venue. I'm sure Detroit was more convenient for them, but the show was getting too large for the Detroit facility.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:15 AM
ngoldrich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Tony,

Did you happen to see any new cool data acq things from AIM or any other das company ?

Thx,
Norm
Old 12-03-2005, 11:28 AM
APKhaos
Drifting

Norm,
No significant new product announcements.
- AIM was flogging the DaVid system pretty hard, along with the MXL line.
- MoTeC was showing their new video system, which was very nice but rather spendy.
- MoTec also showing their new Interpreter, with video. The 1-30 Interpreter is a real step forward. Looks good.
- Racepak was there in force. They have been asquired by MSD. Met with the founder, who was surprised at the level of interest in the G2X line. He took notes on what I wanted for optimal TrackVision support, and promised to deliver it very soon! Had email from his guys by the time I got home!
Old 12-03-2005, 12:14 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Norm:

Just to add...

I spent about an hour or more with one of the STACK respresentatives who was an excellent resource (of course I'm still new to Data Acq). But I was most impressed by their product. The AIM guys didn't seem to tell me much other than read off lines of text on their brochures. The STACK rep kept answering questions, asked me alot of questions, and showed me how the system could capture the data I wanted, and the various ways it could present that data. Their software is incredible.

Tony, the only thing I don't like about the RacePak system is I can't feed in any other standard 0-5v inputs.

I'm going to continue researching the STACK and AIM stuff. Looks like I'm gonna focus on those 2.

Brian
Old 12-03-2005, 12:31 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Also, I was pretty stoked about what I saw in one of the booths!

A banner and brochure featuring my car!

And here is the brochure : http://www.competitioncustompaint.co...QuickPeel2.pdf

I use the Quick Peel product to protect my front end, and a while back they had asked me for a testimonial and some pics. It was pretty cool to see how they had used it!

Brian
Old 12-03-2005, 05:33 PM
ngoldrich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Tony & Brian,

Thanks for the info....

My only experience with Stack was a few years ago in the WSC car we ran in Rolex. The quality back then was sub par IMO. But it may be much better now, I do not know...

Norm
Old 12-03-2005, 07:06 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Stack are the only vendor who have been entirely unresponsive to a problem we have with their data export function. Its just one small data point, but there you go.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:52 PM
chrisp
Three Wheelin'

What other 0-5v inputs would you want to add? I thought the Racepac system was pretty slick and offers a lot of options, especially the G2X Pro version. One of the coolest things is you can run (input and power) an entire guage cluster off of the data aquisition system and the daisy chain wiring makes the entire set up really clean.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:29 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

I wanted to feed in sensor inputs from my Electromotive TEC3 system into it so that they would be recorded while it was capturing other data.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:17 PM
James Achard
Pro

Brian, How are you!! Too bad we missed each other at the show. I'll ask racepac your question if interested since we might have a similar need. Please feel free to PM me if needed.

BTW, my helmet is holding up really well!!

Cheers, James

Quick Reply: PRI 2005 - Who's goin?