Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NNJR VIR DE pre-event tech Sat, Nov 5th @ Newton Porsche - noon start time

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 05:14 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NNJR VIR DE pre-event tech Sat, Nov 5th @ Newton Porsche - noon start time

The NNJR forums is experiencing some difficulties, so I'm posting this here as a reminder:

This Saturday, November 5th, we will be holding our pre-event tech for VIR at Newton Porsche (Rt 206, Newton NJ)

We will be starting at 12 noon, and going until around 2, 2:30.

As always, we will have snacks and drinks - bring your car, have it teched, and enjoy some Porsche-centered socializing!

Please come early! Hope to see you there!

-Zoltan, NNJR Track tech co-chair
Old 11-03-2005, 05:41 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Slightly off topic. I'm an NNJR member, but live near Albany, NY. 2 hours from the Jersey border. If I were to attend some NNJR events next year, is there any way I can have my dealer do the tech inspection for an upcoming event ? Driving close to 5 hours for you guys to inspect my car just seems awfully inconvenient for me. Any thoughts ?
Thanks Z-man
Old 11-03-2005, 05:59 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rockitman:
We certainly don't expect you to hike 5 hours for a tech inspection. But it would be a lovely drive this time of the year, with all the changing leaves!

The procedure is fairly simple - as you suggest, you can have your dealer, or any independant mechanic in your that is a 'PCA approved' inspect your car. Just be sure they fill out the NNJR tech inspection form that is available for download off the NNJR website (www.nnjr-pca.com)

A "PCA approved" inspection typically is one that supports their local region by either advertising in the region's newsletter, or hosts events at their site, or contributes to the club in various ways. Check with the local region for approved shops.

Hope this helps,
-Zoltan.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:04 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Zoltan I look forward to trying out a few events next year with the Jersey crew...
Old 11-03-2005, 07:14 PM
RJMDAD996
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

May I attend, I have yet to DE my 996, but lord knows I have made various performance modifications. I also need to join the NNJR -
Old 11-03-2005, 08:07 PM
Al P.
Pro

Originally Posted by RJMDAD996
May I attend, I have yet to DE my 996, but lord knows I have made various performance modifications. I also need to join the NNJR -
The purpose of the pre-event tech is to inspect the cars that will be attending the Drivers Ed event that the tech is related to, however...........................

everyone is welcome to come and hang out AND if you bring along the princely sum of $42.00 you can join the PCA (Northern New Jersey Region) recive an award winning monthly regional magazine a national magazine have access to meetings, where we have had speakers such as Vic Elford, Hurley Haywood and Chris Economacki, special events such as our advanced driver seminar where this year Ross bently, author of Speed Secrets will be the featured speakerand last but not least get to "hang" with a really good bunch of people.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:29 PM
tntporsche
Instructor

Originally Posted by RJMDAD996
Come out and join us . . . maybe we will even put you to work !

Quick Reply: NNJR VIR DE pre-event tech Sat, Nov 5th @ Newton Porsche - noon start time