Track/Corner Worker Frequncies

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 02:58 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Track/Corner Worker Frequncies

Where can I get a listing of the frequencies used at various tracks so that I can get my in-car radio programmed? I'd like to locate the frequencies for at least the following tracks:

Putnam Park
Road Atlanta
Road America
Sebring
Mid Ohio
Barber

Thanks much,

Rick
Old 10-24-2005, 04:12 PM
Professor Helmüt Tester
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts

The easiest way is to ask a flagger or race official.

2nd easiest way is to check the 'Supps' of the race organization, as they'll usually list any 'banned' radio channels (i.e. 'flagger's net) to avoid radio freq. conflicts.

3rd easiest way is to run a search of the FCC's ULS database. You can find that here:
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsS...chAdvanced.jsp

Ignore the first seach block, and check the 'Match all radio services in this group' box.
In the next block, insert City & State ('Lexington" and "Ohio", for example)
In the 'License Detail' block, just check 'All' and 'Regular'
In the 'Frequencies' block, check the 'Range' box and type in lower and upper frequency search limits. Use 150 for the lower limit and 470 for the upper limit, in most cases.
Select '50' or '100' results per page, then hit 'Search'

Voila ! Scroll down a bit and you'll see a 'record' for Mid-Ohio...click on that and you'll get a more specific page, then look for the tab at the top that says 'FREQUENCIES' - click that for a listing of all their licensed frequencies. You'll have to figure out which ones they're using for the Flag Net and the Emergency Services Net and the Stewards Net etc. etc. etc, but if you've got a portable scanner, or user-programmable 2-way radios (like Der Professor does), you can figure it out pretty fast.

One of the FCC frequency/license search engines just required a lattitude and longitude for a center-point for a search, which was easier if you didn't know exactly what town the track licensed its radios in...can't find it right now...probably still there, though...

I usually just listen to the radio freqs. while I'm in the paddock...too distracting to listen to all that chatter (flag nets are unbelievably chatty) while I'm racing.

This moment of communications geekage brought to you by 'Don Keefhardt Bean Dip & Salsa Racing' and its proud founder, hissownsef Der Professor.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:34 PM
Kurt R
Hates Family Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

If I remember correctly Road America is 464.525. Some tracks may have hard lines to the corners, so there is no radio to monitor.

[RANT]And sometimes they just screw up. The supps for the pro race at Laguna Seca always lists a different frequency to monitor than all the other races during the year. It was at 485.something, of course my radios are 403-470. So, hack the radio software and program the frequency, major pita. I get to the track, and they're transmitting on their normal frequency, same one they've used all year. Good thing I left it in the scan list.[/RANT]
Old 10-24-2005, 05:51 PM
injuner
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am pretty sure that Road Atlanta uses hard lines for its corner workers due to the hills.

Quick Reply: Track/Corner Worker Frequncies