Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

edit:Le mans? Don't read it if u have not seen it!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 11:54 AM
dgz924s
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default edit:Le mans? Don't read it if u have not seen it!!!!

I am a bit lost here. I have just peeled my tired eyes away from the TV watching all the Le Mans race but what I do not understand is how a team of European drivers are considered an American team....LMP1? I was watching the National Anthem played for Euro drivers.

What am I missing here?

Tia!
Dazed and confused!

Last edited by dgz924s; 06-19-2005 at 05:21 PM. Reason: I spoiled a non members day
Old 06-19-2005, 12:41 PM
RobNL
Instructor

Because it's an American who's paying the bill.
Old 06-19-2005, 12:53 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RobNL
Because it's an American who's paying the bill.
Nice, isn't that always the case?

Actually, I think American teams won 3 of the 4 classes, no?
Old 06-19-2005, 01:16 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Champion Audi is based in FLorida. Can't fault the team for hiring great drivers, and Christiensen is now has seven overall wins at Le Mans - the all time record. Spectacular result considering that the R8 was given a rules package that put them down 100HP and 50Kg heavier, possibly in order to make the [French] Pescarollo Judd team the favorite to win LMP1.

Team Corvette did it again, which is another remarkable result for the yellow cars. They might just be the best managed and operated team in sports car racing today. Outstanding result, and th afact that they had quite a few non-US citizens driving is beside the point.

US-based teams doing well in international races might be just what this country needs to raise the profile of sports car racing and attract some of the rising talent that has typically been syphoned off to Nastycar racing.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:31 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

All of the professional drivers I talked to at the PDE would love to have a Nextel Cup ride.
Old 06-19-2005, 04:29 PM
tchandler
Instructor

NICE......next time put a spoiler alert on these title so that those of us with Tivo, who couldn't watch yesterday don't have the results spoiled for us!
Old 06-19-2005, 05:35 PM
dgz924s
Three Wheelin'

I am so sorry! Too tired to be thoughtful and considerate for those taping etc. I just was not thinking of others for that moment. It will not happen ever again! My error.

I get it now guys. I just was not clear on how it was US based. I think it is great that we utilize Euro drivers for the talent they bring I just did not get the connection. I thought the winners which are from abroad would get the win for their country is all.

Quick Reply: edit:Le mans? Don't read it if u have not seen it!!!!