In car GT2 1:56.0 @ Watkins Race

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 10:04 PM
RJay
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ngoldrich
At the risk of being redundant, I thought I'd post it here too since many people dont go back into old posts...

Okay, I was finally able to post the race in car video. This is the second half of the race.

The 2nd half of the race,, virtually all laps wrre in the 1:56's with the fastest being 1:56.0.

Enjoy, it was a fun race...

http://ngoldrich.neptune.com?select...ngoldrich158184

Click enter on the first page and you will see the video. You can also select a larger viewing size...

Thx,
Norm
Wow!!! Great video. Very impressed with you and Mr. Bill honking around all those Cup Cars like they were standing still. Fantastic stuff!
Old 06-09-2005, 10:06 PM
rs911t
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! You're my hero!

I'm going to The Glen for my first time in about 3 weeks. Very much looking forward to it.

Norm, we need to get some data on those videos!!
Old 06-10-2005, 08:44 AM
Bill935K3
Racer

Hi Norm/All
1:54s are definitly possible, I was talking to Steve Savino last night and he confirmed what I though I rembered from 2004. He nailed a lap in practice and ran a 1:54.something
The neptune site is asking me for a visitor passwrd. This did not happen when I view Bill Walzak's vid's.
Can anyone give me a tip how to vew this??
thanks
Old 06-10-2005, 08:54 AM
ngoldrich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Bill,

I PM'd you...

Unfortunately neptune emailed me and said they disabled the account since the bandwidth was exceeded - since so many people viewed it. It will be backup in a day. I emailed them to see what can be done to quicken the process.

I know 1:54's are technically possible. My friend ran 1:53 in my old GT1/Trans-Am car...
I just need to get the handling on mine setup so I can actually do it...

I do remember Steve's 1:54. It was in one of the first practices...

Thx,
Norm
Old 06-10-2005, 09:42 AM
CarreraCup03
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

wow really great video Norm. Really movin fast. Nice to see you and Bill passing all the cup cars. I never realized WG was so short.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:31 PM
Bill935K3
Racer

Norm said
I just need to get the handling on mine setup so I can actually do it...
Same here as the weekend went on under steer got worse and worse. We are pondering what to change in the base setup now as we are about out of ajustments. Tomorrow I'm cleaning up the car and I have to work on my seat. It needs some strategically placed hi-density foam. I think the seat was part of the problem with why I was so whipped after the enduro. I was moving around too much. Since I got home I've been having a bursitis attack in my left shoulder from the G pressure on my seat shoulder bolster. Never had that before!!

Your vid is really popular our of band width for today too. I'll try agian early tommorow.
all the best
Old 06-10-2005, 09:58 PM
David Ray
Burning Brakes

Damn - did I miss it? Seems that there is a password required now.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:58 PM
Mike S.
Pro

Rennlist Club Racers,

From a spectators point of view, the 4 sprint races were great. Kudos to all you Rennlist club racers.

A buddy and I watched Norm (993 GT2) and Bill (935?) battle it out from the heel of the boot. By the way, this is now a great viewing spot as many trees on the inside of the boot have been removed and you you can see the cars at the end of the chute and into the laces as well. On the last several laps, Norm was real close to Bill a couple of times at the off camber. You had us wondering! Despite carving the track up, both fellas looked real smooth and clean out there...can you say "top-notch"! Another Rennlist name I recognized was Leh Keen. He and another fella battled for spots 3 and 4. In the same race, a great hand goes out to #30 (yellow car). I think he reeled in over 10 cars. We watched about 3 of his passes near the heel. By the way, I said hello to Norm. Besides a great driver, he's quite the nice guy too! Stay tuned, I've got a picture of him posing in front of his car pre sprint race that I'll post.

The other 3 sprint races were great too. A very talented fella in a 968 (#69) took the first race. A very bland looking (sorry), but very fast brown 911SC (#140 I think) was on him the whole race it seemed. They ran their best laps in the 2:15 range. Jim Child, who I see post on Rennlist, was the other quick 968 and was right up there in the front pack too. Nice job Jim!

While checking out a bunch of cars all grouped together in the lot behind the front straight stands, I spoke briefly with a bunch of guys from Michigan. Boy were they friendly and seemed to be having a good time. I think one won the second race and his buddies weren't far behind. I'll bet they had a fun celebration party afterward.

Before their race, I met Roy Chong and Jon Milledge , Roy won the 3rd race. They were chasing down a problem that was keeping Roy from lapping at around 2:00. I think he only ran 2:01 or 2:02.

Lastly, as a spectator, I wanna see Norm, Bill, Rick DeMan, and Steve Savino out there all at the same time. Now that would be a spectators dream race.

Great job guys!

Mike Stanko
Old 06-11-2005, 03:49 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Damn Rick that was fast! The wastegate sound is crazy! I take my hat off to you guys making it look so easy where I know how hard it is...
Thanks to all for the great videos!
Old 06-11-2005, 08:19 AM
ngoldrich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mike,

"Lastly, as a spectator, I wanna see Norm, Bill, Rick DeMan, and Steve Savino out there all at the same time. Now that would be a spectators dream race. "

One day, in the near future, hopefully it will happen, it would be incredible fun and I am sure would push us all!

Norm
Old 06-11-2005, 12:54 PM
aeshultz
Burning Brakes

Is there still a password that I need? I want to see this, and can't get onto the site. Thanks for sharing, Norm.
Alan
Old 06-11-2005, 01:50 PM
ngoldrich
Addict
Rennlist Member

The account is still blocked. netptune.com has had extremely poor customer service.

So if they dont fix it today, I will cancel my subscription.

I will let you know as soon as it is accessible.

Thx,
Norm
Old 06-11-2005, 04:36 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,061 Likes on 547 Posts

Norm,
Couldn't get in it kept asking for a password
Old 06-11-2005, 08:34 PM
ngoldrich
Addict
Rennlist Member

All,

Thanks to the guys at Trackvision who have hosted the video, it is now accessible at :

http://www.trackvision.net/videos/Go...tkins_2005.mpg

You should right click on this link and do a saveas then play the video.

Thx,
Norm
Old 06-11-2005, 09:14 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Norm,

I am exhausted after watching that battle. Now I really hate your mirror. Great job. Looks like both cars (and drivers) have the same ability.

Walczak

Quick Reply: In car GT2 1:56.0 @ Watkins Race