Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seeking impressions on BMW club DE's (Northern ohio chapter)

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 10:50 PM
Sanjeevan
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Seeking impressions on BMW club DE's (Northern ohio chapter)

I am planning to attend the Driver's Ed. in mid-ohio scheduled for the last wknd. of May organized by the Northern ohio BMW club, anybody going for this event, or any experience with this particular club or any BMW clubs in general. Am i going to be the only porsche driver there, will there be instructors familiar with 911's. I've only attended PCA events, how do they compare?
Thanks
Jeeva

Last edited by Sanjeevan; 05-10-2005 at 11:34 PM.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:54 AM
HMotorsports
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you'll find other Porsches will be there with you. I did a DE with BMW (don't remember which club) at MO a few years back and my instructor asked me how many turbos were in my car. It was a bone stock 996. Not to say you won't get someone who has been around Porsches or knows Porsches, but this guy obviously didn't get it. Another thing...the braking in my 996 was SO much better then his BMW that he kept thinking we weren't going to be able to slow down enough to make the turn.

Just thought I'd share my experience. I laugh about it today, but was frustrated back then.

Good Luck!
Jason
Old 05-11-2005, 01:56 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,061 Likes on 547 Posts

They used to give you a schedule and a lanyard to put around your neck. On it you would find things like 'Rest, Observe, Class, Drive'. They don't like nose to tale much. But they are a polite group.

Quick Reply: Seeking impressions on BMW club DE's (Northern ohio chapter)