Sponsored by:

spoiled by PCA racing

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 10:36 AM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vaughan,
I'll be at CMP - defending last year's series win in 944SuperCup. Are you coming down to CMP?
Old 04-25-2005, 12:01 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

I love CMP. Room for one more? I am trying to convince my wife not to count this weekend as a "family approved race weekend" since I used no tires, fuel or brakes. Not sure how it will work but the trailer is all loaded up and ready to go!
Old 04-25-2005, 12:45 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bill,
Still space avaiable, so go to Rgistration and get it done.

If you make it, maybe you can give a first time CMP newbie some tips. I need to win this race after missing the first VIR race with an engine out of the car. Challengers already have a points advantage on the season.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:00 PM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 67 Posts

No, I'm afraid I won't - long haul, and I'm focused for this season on winning my local ITB championship (Waterford Hills) - due to both time and money. I don't even know that I'll make more than one GTS race this year. I really need to get the ball rolling on my GTS 931, but don't know when that will happen (again, budget). Short of that, it doesn't make much sense to run other than ITB (due to competitiveness).
Old 04-25-2005, 01:02 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Thats way to much pressure on you Tony. Are you sure you don't want to join BMVC? (Back Marker Video Corps.)

CMP is a easy to learn very fun and safe track to race on. You can pass anywhere on the track.

Stay off the curbing outside turn 14, front straight, curbing is actually made of fragmentation gernades.

Cars coming back on the track bring sandy soil.
Other than that your autocross experience will pay off. Oh, don't lift for the kink & keep your belts tight;->
Old 04-29-2005, 10:56 PM
Bill T1 #10
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at the Summit race and saw the fun in your group! I agree on the lack of track time. I do the practice day on Friday, and run 2 classes. Last year it was T1 and SM, this year SM and SSM. If I don't run 2 classes I feel like I'm not using my time well. The SM race was quite exciting, unfortuantly with a big wreck on the front putting an SM in a tree and ending the race, the SSM race was less eventful. Bill Loomis.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:18 PM
Stuttgart
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bill walczak
You can pass anywhere on the track.
Yeah you can go three wide over the curb at 11 but your splitter will break into a million pieces, just ask Bill he knows first hand!

Quick Reply: spoiled by PCA racing