Sponsored by:

Car Hauling Services

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 11:40 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Car Hauling Services

I need to have my car hauled to a few different tracks (e.g., Watkins Glen) from DC. I do not have a tow vehicle or a trailer.

Can anyone recommend any companies or services I can use to haul my car to various tracks around the east coast and in Canada?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

TD in DC

P.S. I tried the search function, but I keep getting error messages . . .
Old 04-11-2005, 11:46 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need two cars hauled from south Florida to Watkin's Glen. Any suggestions?
Old 04-11-2005, 01:31 PM
Matt Marks
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Direct Auto Shippers (sorry, no phone number on hand) shipped my wife's car from L.A. to Virginia for about $700. Took 8 or 9 days and was hauled on an open trailer.

TD, for the money you're going to spend, either find someone locally who has a two car trailer and is going to the event and rent space from them, or rent yourself a truck/trailer combo from U-haul. Or, even better, rent the truck, and get the trailer from an equipment rental place - there's one in fairfax that rents cheaply (search the board, or the PCA potomac board for the name), as there's been a lot of trouble with people going to rent trailers from uhaul, and despite a reservation, no trailer is available.

If you're going to do a lot of events (and it sounds like you've got the bug bad) Might as well look to bite the bullet and get an old F150 or somesuch and a trailer and start getting serious. You're going to end up buying them sometime, so you may as well do it now before you start throwing away the cash to have someone else do the hauling...

The truck/trailer will lose little value as there are always plenty of people looking for used tow vehicles and trailers.

Mitch - might want to call Amtrack and ask about the auto train. It'll get your car from FL to VA at a reasonable price. After that, it's about 6 hours to WG if your car is street legal. Otherwise, you're in the same boat as TD

Quick Reply: Car Hauling Services