Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Semi OT: Please tell Speed what you think!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 04:57 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

RJay;

Does she have a sister?

Jeff;
Boris Said has not done all that great in NASCAR on the ovals.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:02 PM
macnewma
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cristian Fittipaldi was going to try his hand at NASCAR. I heard nobody wanted to sponsor him though. He is a pretty good driver too.

Boris Said is a very good driver, but he hasn't had a good car in NASCAR. There was an article in one the mags (C&D, R&T, or Auto) about how he is the hardest working guy in auto racing. He was running a bunch of different events some NASCAR weekend and mixing in road racing on the other weekends.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:12 PM
JBH
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder how well a "road" guy would do in Nascar?
This question gets answered everytime they run an IROC race on the ovals. Should it surprise you Mark Martin has won 11 IROC races?
Old 03-02-2005, 05:49 PM
RJay
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by macnewma
Well, there is always an exception to the rule.

Good for you though. How did you luck out with a cool wife and an awesome set of Porsches?
Dunno, but I keep looking skyward to make sure no Monty Python-esque 16 ton weight is on the way! Does seem to be too good to be true. Haven't even mentioned my son, who at the age of 2, decided that his favorite video was F1 2000 Year in review. If you have to watch a video over and over again, that one sure beats the hell out of the Little Mermaid! I am a lucky man.
Originally Posted by JohnH
Does she have a sister?
She does have a sister, but of course, she's taken as well!
Old 03-02-2005, 05:50 PM
dgz924s
Three Wheelin'

IROC........I can see the reasoning for this. I raced MotoX in the 70's and when I got to old I went to mile dirt track racing in AMA. The speed difference was incredible and the motions are totally different and I never quite got a hang of going 70+ mph with my **** hanging TEN. It was really hard to get comfortable and even less after hitting a wall at top speed. These stock car guys are accustomed to very close high speed racing and the lack of being nervous can make you so much faster than those that are more adept at handling, car control and timing. Same goes with them having to shift/brake a dozen+ times a lap. They just can't get a rhythm.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:14 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RJay
Dunno, but I keep looking skyward to make sure no Monty Python-esque 16 ton weight is on the way! Does seem to be too good to be true. Haven't even mentioned my son, who at the age of 2, decided that his favorite video was F1 2000 Year in review. If you have to watch a video over and over again, that one sure beats the hell out of the Little Mermaid! I am a lucky man.

She does have a sister, but of course, she's taken as well!
Isn't it great! I too am a very lucky man. 30 + track days a year with no compalints..... and when I first talked about an open trailer, my wife said, "but wouldn't you be happier with an enclosed trailer". Recently followed by "when are you going to get a Cup Car"?

I just wish it had not taken me so many tries to find the right mate!
Old 03-03-2005, 02:55 AM
jgrant
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bull
my wife said, "but wouldn't you be happier with an enclosed trailer". Recently followed by "when are you going to get a Cup Car"?
Sounds like half a joke from Jeff Foxworthy... I'm sure she's waiting for something in return, like "but honey... wouldn't you like that 6 carot diamond instead of the 2? "
Old 03-03-2005, 08:27 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wait a minute! She told me they don't make diamonds under 4 carots....are you telling me....
Old 03-03-2005, 10:54 AM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I used to watch speedvision alot. In fact used to care what speed showed and check it everyday.

Well, now I don't bother watching much anymore. Sure I miss some road race or WRC event since they are hidded in all the NASCAR crap. I simply don't watch or even check since 9 days out of 10 all that is on is nascar or related crap.

Speed is dead and not worth much any more.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:18 PM
Geo
Race Director

Originally Posted by M758
I used to watch speedvision alot. In fact used to care what speed showed and check it everyday.

Well, now I don't bother watching much anymore. Sure I miss some road race or WRC event since they are hidded in all the NASCAR crap. I simply don't watch or even check since 9 days out of 10 all that is on is nascar or related crap.

Speed is dead and not worth much any more.
Amen! Took the words right out of my mouth (off the my keybaord?).
Old 03-03-2005, 08:54 PM
RJay
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bull
Wait a minute! She told me they don't make diamonds under 4 carots....are you telling me....
Well you got me beat on the trailer thing... I wound up with an open one. BUT, I got you beat on the jewelry thing. She's the daughter of a jeweler. If she wants a bigger rock she asks her father. I'm completely out of the loop.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:41 AM
carreracup21
Three Wheelin'

This looks like a good start to me.

http://www.grandamerican.com/News/Article.asp?ID=3744
Old 03-04-2005, 07:16 AM
Geo
Race Director

Originally Posted by carreracup21
This looks like a good start to me.

http://www.grandamerican.com/News/Article.asp?ID=3744
Bah. Just another version of NASCAR. If the France family conducted Pinewood Derby races I'm sure speed would give it 10 hours of coverage.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:32 AM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well I know alot of guys don't like it, but this weekend the Busch division of NASCAR will be running the road course in Mexico City at 3:00EST on Sunday on FOX.

Kind of fun to watch 3500lbs cars tackle a road course I think...

Just FYI.

Brian
Old 03-04-2005, 12:05 PM
macfly
Three Wheelin'

great thread, I hope everyone clicked the link and voiced their feelings, it's the only way things change! I changed up forklift's post a bit, so it didn't look like we were all copying/pasting the same thing.
Dera Sir,

I am a racing enthusiast, I love fine driving, but I cannot stand the NASCAR or NASTRUCKS bumper car races, or drag racing.

I honestly feel NASCAR has more in common with WWF than F1, and wondered if you could you please start a new NASCAR channel so those of us who love the fine art of car and motorcycle racing have somewhere to go.

Here is a list I have adapted from your's showing programming I'd watch everyday.

American Le Mans Series
Autoweek (RIP)
Behind the Headlights
British Touring Car Championship
Champ Car
Daytona 24hrs, cars & bikes
Dream Car & Bike Garage
Dunlop New Zeland
F1 (all F1)
Fifth Gear
German Touring Cars
Goodwood
Grand Am Series
Inside Grand Prix and GT
Le Mans, full coveage cars, bikes and classic week.
Motorsport Mundial
Motorweek
Monterey Historic Races
Moto GP full series, qualifying etc.
Porsche Supercup
SCCA Runoffs
Sports Car Revolution
Rally …..all rally, but not at 3 a.m.
Rolex Series
Victory By Design (make more of them!)
Vintage racing

Quick Reply: Semi OT: Please tell Speed what you think!