Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tirelief - anyone use these?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 10:25 AM
ZBlue996Kam
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If Dave Coleman used it successfully there is some merits to it and I think Dave do club races.

Not being seen in pro and club races does not mean it is not a viable options to obtain a consistent infaltion pressure. The pro teams might not aware of this product or they just don't have the time to test this product because they already have a system to attain their setup goals.

I'm very interested in trying this pressure relief valve myself.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-12-2005, 01:32 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have watched Dave eat up the hi $ comp at Summit Point. His wins are usually measured by laps not seconds.

I have a Tirelief setup tool that has a pressure gauge on it and attaches to an air line. To use you thread the Tirelief on one end and then run up the air pressure to exceed the pressure you want and then shut the control valve. The pressure goes up and over the desired setting causing air to bleed out. The bleeding stops at the present setting All you need to do to set and test each tirelief is to turn in or out the setting until the air pressure stabilizes at the desired pressure. Then you reinstall the unit on the rim. With this tester you don't have to spend track time fiddling with pressures. You want 40#? Set it with the tester stick it on the rim and go. The unit threads into a fitting that is mounted to the rim so removing and installing one about as hard as taking a valve stem cap off. You can also shut them off so they don't release air. It is also easy to fill 4 tires between runs when all you need to do is over fill some and they settle down to the correct setting. you can also set up full sets of 4 at different pressures and change them as needed.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:04 PM
roketman
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 93 Posts

Dave has a long history racing. In fact its very impressive.He is really an awesome driver.I have been to his shop when he helped me out with caliper problem back in 1995 at the Summit club race. I was in awe of his acomplishments/trophys.He wouldn't even let me pay him for his trouble.A good guy as well.He has driven/ raced some very cool cars.His success goes back at least 20 years.

Quick Reply: Tirelief - anyone use these?