DE TWS Feb 12-13, who's going?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 09:10 AM
kev
Darth Cup
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Robert,

If all goes as planned, first race will be MSR in May. Had the car about a month. First drive should be next month at TWS sometime.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:41 AM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Henriksen
Good lord, kev - is that your new ride? (the avatar)

TWS in the rain is no big deal. When you're going down the front straight at 120-130, you just have to remember to wait a couple of beats after crossing the last stream running down the banking for the tires to sling off the extra water, *then* turn in for T1.
4 and 5 try to bite You also, super slick, try the rimshot line all the way around....
Old 02-11-2005, 10:26 AM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Glen
4 and 5 try to bite You also, super slick, try the rimshot line all the way around....
I was kidding, actually 4 is extra slimey & evil - outside is the only way.

It's also good to relax your steering input when your front tires hit the black apex patches w. more traction. When you approach them in a nice drift & all of a sudden your front tires hook up really suddenly, it can confuse the back end of the car.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:36 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes the rrain was a pain and yes 4 was slick on the inside. 5 wasn't too bad though. The rain had stopped by the end of the first sessions and then the track started drying out but I had to head home. The sun came out later, track dried out and the last sessions everyone got pretty hooked up..well from what I hear. My best session was the last one Saturday; I guess a few people went home early and I fought a lot less traffic with less passing issues. Great fun!
Old 02-14-2005, 10:12 AM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

All in all it was a great weekend - just that wet/damp track Sunday morning, the afternoon was gorgeous. About 4 Elises showed up, it was neat to see that many turn out.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:32 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

The guy with the Alara Racing rig was behind us, had an Elise there. We fired up the 951 at 6:30, his lights were on but we were actually his alarm clock - sorry about that.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:10 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

As Bill pointedly observed, 4 Elises and 1 997, what's wrong with this picture?
Saturday was fun, wish I could have been there Sunday too.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:47 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DJ 996
As Bill pointedly observed, 4 Elises and 1 997, what's wrong with this picture?
Saturday was fun, wish I could have been there Sunday too.
Funny, that hadn't occured to me, but well said. OTOH, who buys an Elise for anything BUT track days?

Someday... SOMEDAY you'll actually do two track days in a row.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:57 PM
Rene
Racer

Well four of us came up from the Rio Grande Valley & we had a blast we really enjoyed the track & everyone at the track was friendly it was great!

Unfortunately we had an issue with our 944 turbo during our last session on Saturday we had the pin on the flywheel back off & hit the crank sensor. Thanks to Jim & Brett we were able to replace the sensor but when Emir replaced the pin with an allen bolt we bought at Home Depot Sunday morning the car still would not run right. After all morning of diagnosing we could not figure it out so called it a day & we packed up at noon & made the 7 hour trip back home.

Sure enough when we got into the shop this morning & after some sleep Emir figured the allen bolt he put in the flywheel was just to short & the sensor was not picking it up he backed the bolt 2-3 turns & the can runs good again. Murphy’s Law I guess.

We still had a blast & are looking to get back to TWS soon. Bret it was a pleasure to meet you thanks for all the help, See you soon.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:15 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Same here, my pleasure to assist. Glad you got it sorted. I think the measurement on the pin is 5mm +/- .1mm.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:55 AM
mein51
Racer

I enjoyed getting to meet some of yall. Sunday ended up being a nice day after the track dried up some. I made frequent visits with the 951 group next to the grid flags. My engine goes in friday so I should be out with yall next time! I'm pretty sure I'll be working grid again for the races in March - anybody else going to show up?

Quick Reply: DE TWS Feb 12-13, who's going?